The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiiNelson

Here's 3 of the versions of the same picture I took on Monday while visiting out in California. Undecided on which one I like best still though and I have another 4 versions.

CharlesK

It has been awhile, so if I have left anyone out, please forgive me!
Matt, very nice set :thumbup:
Robert, beautiful pastel composition on #1 with 135 Elmarit:)
Patrick, love your ongoing series! Cutting and very expressive shots:)
Jono, great to see you back in M. Excellent shot, just love this composition with dog:)
Bruno, really nice gritty portraits:)
Jim, love the rendering of the portrait! Got to love the older lenses:)
David E, I have loved your work with the 24 Lux. Superb series of shots:thumbs:
David, nice portraits:)

Here are shots from yesterday in Bangkok, along the streets during later part of the evening and then at night, 50 Nocti f/1.0:) Many of the shots at night are at f/1.0 and ISO 2500:)

m_driscoll

It has been awhile, so if I have left anyone out, please forgive me!
Matt, very nice set :thumbup:
Here are shots from yesterday in Bangkok, along the streets during later part of the evening and then at night, 50 Nocti f/1.0:) Many of the shots at night are at f/1.0 and ISO 2500:)

Charles: I really like these three. The first's color, bokeh, looseness. The second's composition, rhythm and detail. The third because of it's caption: "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more". :D :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

PatrickCheung

Thanks for the input, Lloyd and Rob :p After taking some time with it, I fully agree with what you've said. It's more or less the reason why I still post here... friendships made online. Sorry for the late reply. Been extremely tired recently... running around during the day, coming home late, and going straight to bed after. It's the last full week we have here in Vancouver, and it's proven to be the busiest.

Some great work was posted here... David, knocking my socks off with those summilux photos, so surreal... and the black and white pushes that forward. And charles, those photos from the noctilux at night are absolutely beautiful.

Just got a roll from monday scanned. I shot them with the Yashica T4. A friend of ours from school flew to Victoria for a frisbee tournament the past weekend. We couldn't catch him in Victoria, but we did find him on Pender Island, a small island not too far away from Vancouver, on the last day of his trip. We hopped on a ferry over to Pender on monday and spent the day with him. It's kinda strange meeting him on Pender Island... a very small, remote island with a creepy vibe... especially since he's from Sudbury, Ontario (about 4 hours north from Toronto, where I'm from). Pender was not really ANY of our homes... but we somehow met there.

There are a few more photos that I haven't developed yet... they'll be up soon. Should be a fun roll :) The last quarter of the roll was taken on a roller coaster ;)

dude163

Cute girl in glasses with an rad camera = win!

Charles that cab shot is super cool, it looks like the windshield is melting ( in a good way!)

DavidE

Thanks Lloyd, Charles, Matt, and Patrick. Much appreciated.

HiredArm: Excellent portraits. I have to agree with Lloyd and Matt on the last one being the best of the three.

Charles: Wow, all those great shots from just one day! Amazing rendering with the Nocti. What a lens!

Matt: That’s a beautiful and serene shot. Terrific color and compositional balance.

Patrick: Very cool shots. Love the composition and casual feel.

Here are two more from New Orleans with the 50mm Summilux.

Hosermage

Just caught this 5 minutes ago... it's the wall by the stairs where we hang some family pictures, with the sun beaming down from the upstairs bathroom window which just happens to land on this silver frame, causing the reflected light.

MichaelM6

more awesome stuff...David - your black and white is just stunning! Oh, and the noctilux is just crazy...dammit I want one! That shot in the cab is just incredible. Patrick - your stuff makes me smile. Matt - wow.

Me? I couldn't sleep to save my life. I decided to head down to the river, about 10 minutes from work, to snap some quick pictures. It was fun - I enjoy playing around with my processing.

The River, Tilted & Shifted by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr

The Bridge by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr

A New Day Rises by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr

CharlesK

Robert, David E, Patrick and Michael, thank you guys:) Appreciate the kind words!
Patrick, really nice portraits! Love the different angles:)
David E, very nice set with the 50 Lux;)
Bruno, love the first gritty capture!

Status
Not open for further replies.