The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosermage

Nice shots, Matt :cool: Yesterday, my wife was complaining about how I'm converting too many of our vacation pictures into BW. I thought about telling her about the MM, and see what her reaction will be if ALL of my images were to become BW. But then I recovered my senses and chickened out, which was probably the right choice :D It appears the MM is not in my future :facesmack:

StephenPatterson

It appears the MM is not in my future :facesmack:
I expect Leica to offer an M9 to MM upgrade at some point in the future. It's a relatively easy hardware swap, and once the furor dies down and MM bodies are in stock (as M9s and M9-Ps are now) I think Leica will embrace the revenue potential.

dude163

Ceh, nice shot of the young lady

Matt , those MM shots are cool! but Im like Hosermage, no MM in my future, maybe a M9 , we shall see

MichaelM6

this is always such a great place to find some inspiration. I must say that I really enjoy this thread and I'll be coming back around to comment from time to time. Some of you know that I've taken a job and I'm moving from Richmond, VA to Los Angeles this weekend. Its exciting and sad all at the same time. And partly because I've decided to go back to the DSLR world for annoying things like practicality, studio compatibility (strobes and stuff), the dust and weather sealing, AF for action and stuff. I don't know what's coming my way, so I just want to be prepared for anything. I'll miss shooting that little M8. Maybe one day soon, when I can make a little money at this whole thing, a shiny little M9 might come my way and I'll be back to posting images from that other coast.

Keep shooting those M's guys. I'm jealous. PS - I switched to a D800 and all I can think about is missing manual rangefinder focusing (in the 3 or 4 thousand frames I shot with my Leica, I think maybe 10 shots were out of focus).

MichaelM6

Cant you use the M8 as a backup?
I would in a second, but I can't afford it. I just couldn't imagine taking the Leica out into the desert or the beach or on some shoot someplace as my only camera body. I don't want to imply that it couldn't work, but I feel like I needed something that I would never have to think about, in terms of reliability.

dude163

Ahh ok, so your M6 then .........

I have the luxury of not having to use my M8 for $$$ purposes, just pleasure so I take it everywhere , even the beach !

Good luck in SoCal, remember you owe me a Sunset shot :) Ill keep an eye on Flickr

dude163

Time for some colour. the night before my lil brother and his family went home we went out for Chinese food , adjacent is my eldest girls school so afterwards we went there to play , so here are pics of the kids

crazy out of focus *bokeh* and shallow depth of Field

This lil guy was stuck and I didnt realise it , he asked if I could get him and I said I was busy ( like an idiot ) thats his dad coming to his rescue in the background :(

The 2 crazy kids hanging from the bars , oh wait , ones my 38 yr old brother

Goldilocks ordering her food

and my oldest nephew waiting for the order to show up

as much as I enjoyed last weeks flash shots, I prefer natural lighting , but thats probably because everyone in our family is a blonde or redhead and we have the skintone of xerox paper

iiiNelson

I expect Leica to offer an M9 to MM upgrade at some point in the future. It's a relatively easy hardware swap, and once the furor dies down and MM bodies are in stock (as M9s and M9-Ps are now) I think Leica will embrace the revenue potential.
I hope the upgrade to an MM becomes a reality. I'd love the convenience of just buying the M10 when it comes out and eventually converting my M9-P to a MM. Saves me the trouble of selling one body and I can still have my CCD sensor goodness.

CharlesK

Matt, amazing shots with the M-M! Beautiful tones at night, even with the higher ISO's!!
David, love those shots at Crystal Cave:)
Patrick, nice journal series! Some very nice shots there:)
Cenek, superb set of shots! Great to see you back:))
Rob, beautiful shots of your family!
Stephen, superb set really freezing the moment:thumbup:

Received my M-M this morning, and some test shots with the M-M at the office, with the 50 Nocti f/1.0 @f/1.2 first shot at 5,000 ISO and the second at 10,000 ISO.

The finish on this camera is excellent, and really liking the DNG files so far at the higher ISO's

I must add, I do thank my staff, because every time they see a new package looking like camera gear, they all disappear:)

Last shot at 1250 ISO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.