The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paratom

I am planning to shoot and learn b&W for some time...
This image is with the 50 Summarit.
I dont have a good feeling yet how much contrast I do like to have in images.

dude163

Charles those MM shots are great, they arent processed using any other program ( like silver efex pro?)

cheers

Paratom

a new Summarit?

nicely done!
the 50/2.5
I think those "new" Summarits are underrated by many.
Also for the MM they might be a good match because they do not draw as contrasty as for example the 50/1.4asph.
I own this lens because I find it great when you want to carry a compact kit.

Lloyd

that's quite a shot Lloyd
this is always such a great place to find some inspiration. I must say that I really enjoy this thread and I'll be coming back around to comment from time to time. Some of you know that I've taken a job and I'm moving from Richmond, VA to Los Angeles this weekend. Its exciting and sad all at the same time. And partly because I've decided to go back to the DSLR world for annoying things like practicality, studio compatibility (strobes and stuff), the dust and weather sealing, AF for action and stuff. I don't know what's coming my way, so I just want to be prepared for anything. I'll miss shooting that little M8. Maybe one day soon, when I can make a little money at this whole thing, a shiny little M9 might come my way and I'll be back to posting images from that other coast.

Keep shooting those M's guys. I'm jealous. PS - I switched to a D800 and all I can think about is missing manual rangefinder focusing (in the 3 or 4 thousand frames I shot with my Leica, I think maybe 10 shots were out of focus).
Thank you Michael. And all the best on your move to The Left Coast. BTW, you can join us on the Nikon thread. Love to see your work there. :thumbup:

Lloyd

Time for some colour. the night before my lil brother and his family went home we went out for Chinese food , adjacent is my eldest girls school so afterwards we went there to play , so here are pics of the kids

Goldilocks ordering her food

as much as I enjoyed last weeks flash shots, I prefer natural lighting , but thats probably because everyone in our family is a blonde or redhead and we have the skintone of xerox paper
Looks like you all had fun getting family together. Another really nice set, Robert, but this shot of your little "Goldilocks" is especially wonderful. :salute: The shot of your older daughter is a winner as well.

Lloyd

I am planning to shoot and learn b&W for some time...
This image is with the 50 Summarit.
I dont have a good feeling yet how much contrast I do like to have in images.
Beautiful image, Tom. I love the soft tonality of this one.

StephenPatterson

The recent thread about using wide angle lenses for portraits inspired me to shoot around Laifeng today with my 18/3.8 Super Elmar M.

The first is not exactly a traditional portrait...

"Black Eye"

And the next isn't a portrait either...

"Drying the Newly Harvested Rice"

So much for my great idea to capture ultra wide angle portraits today! DOH! :banghead:

Lloyd

Maybe no portraits, but these are really nice, Stephen. I love the way that 18 renders, and these are a good reminder.

Paratom

:)
M9-P,2/28 Summicron-panning...

Hi Ceh,
How can you post such great b&w images which make me feel that the M9p does such good b&w that there really was no reason for me to get that MM?:cussing:
Can you do me a favour and only post color for the next 4 weeks ? ;)

m_driscoll

A few from the M-M.

M-M; 50mm f/1.4; 1/4000s; ISO 320

M-M; 28mm f/2; 1/750s; -1/3 EV; ISO 320

M-M; 28mm f/2; 1/500s; ISO 320

M-M; 28mm f/2; 1/500s; -1/3 EV; ISO 320

M-M; 28mm f/2; 1/1000s; -1/3 EV; ISO 320

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

>7161
Lloyd: Thanks. It was a good day. :D
Taylor: Thanks. I really like those compact, under-rated, Summarits.
David: Those 'flowing' crystal photos are great! Beautiful tone.
David: The sitting girl with the 'tablet' is a classic.
Cenek: 'Old school' Leica! Nice.
Patrick: When the teacher asks you to tell about what you did 'during your 'summer vacation', you've got a great tale with beautiful visuals...They don't do that in college, do they? :D
Dude: Great! I like the 4th one. Bit young for tattoos, eh? :D
Cenek: Cool shot of the 'generations'.
Stephen: Well framed, and pp'd. Not, like a Safeway store.
David: Cool. Similar and dis-similar. Nice 'pairing'.
David: Thanks. Probably the right decision. It's a hard camera to 'explain' without sounding 'crazy stupid'. :D
Cenek: Nice capture! Excellent 'subject' isolation.
Dude: Thanks! Just another 'tool'. Wait until your kids have graduated from college and are getting paid to go to graduate school. I guess that 'dates' me. :D
Lloyd: Thank you, sir!
Michael: Keep checking in and good luck with your move and career. Richmond to LA: you won't notice a difference. :D
Dude: Excellent! No MM needed.
Cenek: Nice lines and panning.
Charles: Thanks! :D
Does 'crazy stupid' translate well to Australian? Congratulations! You'll have fun and your colored filter collection will grow. Fortunately most Leica lenses are at 46mm (except the few at 60mm and 39mm and Series VII). I'm really looking forward to your shots at the 'beach' and in Bangkok. My staff is amused (I hope) by the almost daily deliveries from Amazon.
Paratom: Beautiful image...and, little girl. I used that lens today on my MM. It's so, tiny. I totally agree with your follow-up post on the Summarits.
Stephen: Chinese R2D2? Both work well for me.
Cenek: Service with a very nice smile.
Chris: Excellent framing and tone!

Lloyd

A few from the M-M.

Cheers, Matt
Nice set, Matt. The first and third in particular stand out... bright, clean whites, deep clear blacks. That last one is really nice too. Very timeless look. And I love the rendering of that 28 Cron.

Results like these are really tempting me. I'm very far from an MM, but it makes me wish I weren't.

m_driscoll

Nice set, Matt. The first and third in particular stand out... bright, clean whites, deep clear blacks. That last one is really nice too. Very timeless look. And I love the rendering of that 28 Cron.

Results like these are really tempting me. I'm very far from an MM, but it makes me wish I weren't.
Lloyd: Thanks! Those boats in front of my office get photographed a lot by me. Haven't used that lens in a while. I like it too.

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.