The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

David: Wonderful, thoughtful moment captured. I can understand the lust for the 28 Cron, it is a great lens... maybe my favorite. However, I actually lust after the Elmarit. They are so different, each with it's own strength. Will it never stop!?!

Charles: That 24 lux/MM combo looks to be a match made in heaven.

Steve: Nice shots of your wife. You are a lucky guy! BTW, looking forward to Thursday!!

esmallits: Nice work... an excellent set of images. Obviously, you're skilled with a variety of lenses. I really like how that CV 12 performs on the M9. Do you have to use CornerFix, or something similar? I also really like that last one.

esmallits

esmallits: Nice work... an excellent set of images. Obviously, you're skilled with a variety of lenses. I really like how that CV 12 performs on the M9. Do you have to use CornerFix, or something similar? I also really like that last one.
Thanks Lloyd!

Nah.. I cropped the corners off the CV 12mm shot. On the M8, the color shift is still manageable. On the M9, it is really kinda serious and affects the overall feel of the picture.

Sharing another shot with the 75mm Summilux. This is indeed a magical lens...

chrism

Cenek,
If that's the Elmarit-M 90 it's my favourite 90mm lens. I've had a couple of Canadian Summicron 90's, Summarit 90's and a Macro-Elmar-M 90 and none could quite compare. Stupidly, I would probably buy the Macro-Elmar-M again just for the portability. I really ought to learn never to sell a Leica lens!
The few B&W filters I have had lying around from long ago were joined today by some new ones. If only this grey wet weather would stop I could try them out!

Chris

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd!

Nah.. I cropped the corners off the CV 12mm shot. On the M8, the color shift is still manageable. On the M9, it is really kinda serious and affects the overall feel of the picture.

Sharing another shot with the 75mm Summilux. This is indeed a magical lens...
Thanks for the info. Yes, indeed, it is pure magic.

Cenek,
If that's the Elmarit-M 90 it's my favourite 90mm lens. I've had a couple of Canadian Summicron 90's, Summarit 90's and a Macro-Elmar-M 90 and none could quite compare. Stupidly, I would probably buy the Macro-Elmar-M again just for the portability. I really ought to learn never to sell a Leica lens!
The few B&W filters I have had lying around from long ago were joined today by some new ones. If only this grey wet weather would stop I could try them out!

Chris
Cenek, add my plus 1 about that Elmarit. I've had a couple of Summicron 90s, and got rid of them in favor of that 90 Elmarit.

Chris: If that weather is were you are, YIKES! :eek: I've got a big thunder bummper overhead right now. The lights keep dimming when the lightning is nearby, but it's nothing like that... I hope.

m_driscoll

Matt, thank you! Really enjoying the M-M.
Great series of shots! Your PP'ing with M-M are excellent in every respect. Full of rich warm tones :)...

Shots this afternoon at the beach with the M-M 24 Lux @320 ISO:)

Charles: Thanks! :D Looks like you're having fun, too. I like these. I think getting 'Landscapes' the way I want them will be the biggest challenge for me. Esp. 'tones'. Getting the colors and forms to 'read'.

Cheers, Matt

CharlesK

Lloyd and Matt, cross post comments thank you:)
Chris, love that shot with the rain!
Steve, very nice shots of your wife! Very fit BTW:)
Esmallits, beautiful B&W shots:)
Cenek, love that impromptu capture!
Hired Arm, nice evening captures:)

Shot from the other afternoon with M-M 24 Lux, and LR4:) I think this is where you need colour filters for foliage.

ashwinrao1

Congrats, Charles, on the Monochrom. I am still waiting for mine, but a generous soul from here at GetDPI, the wonderful Matt Driscoll, has lent me his for a few days of shooting in NYC!

Very excited to give it a go soon....

Ashwin

Paratom

Lloyd and Matt, cross post comments thank you:)
Chris, love that shot with the rain!
Steve, very nice shots of your wife! Very fit BTW:)
Esmallits, beautiful B&W shots:)
Cenek, love that impromptu capture!
Hired Arm, nice evening captures:)

Shot from the other afternoon with M-M 24 Lux, and LR4:) I think this is where you need colour filters for foliage.

Charles,
I was close to sell my 24mm Summilux since I had used more often my 21/2.8 lately but seeing all those beautiful images I think I need to give that lens another "chance". Great images!

CharlesK

Ashwin, Paratom, Stephen and David, thank you:) Much appreciated!

Ashwin, yes I am so looking forward to your shots with the M-M, thanks to Matt:D There is a definite learning curve is PP'ing to really get the magic from the dng files. It is fun though:) Have fun!!!

Paratom, thank you:) The 24 Lux is an amazing lens. I even find with the M9, the PP'ing needed is very different to the 28 Cron Asph. For the above shot with the 24 Lux, I tried sharpening in LR4 only, Amount and detail both to 70. Normally this would bring up artifacts with the M9 files, but with the M-M there was none at all.

Another previous shot re PP'd with similar settings in LR4, M-M and 24 Lux:)

Last edited:

ceh

Thank you all for your comments.:)

M9-P,2.8/90 Elmarit (11807)..

Last edited:

Lloyd

Congrats, Charles, on the Monochrom. I am still waiting for mine, but a generous soul from here at GetDPI, the wonderful Matt Driscoll, has lent me his for a few days of shooting in NYC!

Very excited to give it a go soon....

Ashwin
Me too. ;)

Lloyd

There is a definite learning curve is PP'ing to really get the magic from the dng files. It is fun though:) Have fun!!!

Paratom, thank you:) The 24 Lux is an amazing lens. I even find with the M9, the PP'ing needed is very different to the 28 Cron Asph. For the above shot with the 24 Lux, I tried sharpening in LR4 only, Amount and detail both to 70. Normally this would bring up artifacts with the M9 files, but with the M-M there was none at all.

Another previous shot re PP'd with similar settings in LR4, M-M and 24 Lux:)
Another couple (this, and the one above) of very nice images, Charles. I'm following your posts with interest, as prior to seeing them, I was thinking that the Achilles Heel of the MM might be landscapes. Interesting to consider carrying around filters. I actually have a couple of stacks of them (two different sizes) which I've kept around from days of yore. Funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.