The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

ceh, Ashwin, Matt, sig..super postings guys.:thumbs:

Being at the end of the camera food chain, here is one with the old M.

m_driscoll

Have left myself with 50 and 90 lenses as I sell everything else off to fund a 35mm FLE....it's taken a while (and some expense) to get there but at last I'm settled on a final :)rolleyes:) kit.

These from yesterday, M9-P and 50 'lux, my favourite combination:

Mike
Mike: Nice photos! That sounds like a great line up. You'll love the 35mm FLE. Don't overlook the 75 and 90 Summarits. I think they're great lenses and underpriced. ps. I just traded in all things M4/3 to finance my next gearlust fix. :D :)

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

It's a beautiful day, here (except for the haze from the fires East of the Cascades) I'm sitting in a coffee shop watching my wife enter door-to-door canvassing results into her computer (my contribution to the campaign). I should have brought the old, beat up, color, M9-P with me! Instead, I'm posting some more B&W. :D

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/350s; +1/3 EV; ISO 320

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/125s; +2/3 EV; ISO 3200

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/350s; +1/3 EV; ISO 320

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/60s; +1/3 EV; ISO 5000

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/250s; +1/3 EV; ISO 320

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/250s; +1/3 EV; ISO 320

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/180s; +1/3 EV; ISO 320

Cheers, Matt

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt . . . no it's the 0.95, IMHO worth it because of the lack of focus shift. I've forgotten how much I paid for mine, so it's all good :ROTFL:
Jono: I remember how much, I paid for the one that i traded in to get the M-M! :( It will take me a while to forget and buy another one. :D

Cheers, Matt

jonoslack

Jono: I remember how much, I paid for the one that i traded in to get the M-M! :( It will take me a while to forget and buy another one. :D

Cheers, Matt
Ah - yes - I suppose that's the sort of decision I'm going to have to make in the not too distant future. :eek:

PS love the girlies with the miniskirts and torn stockings (splendid concept) . . . . but possibly the bulgy bits don't quite do it justice! :ROTFL:

CharlesK

Steve, thank you kindly:)
Ashwin, you always amaze me with shots! Great stuff with the M-M, and love the conversions with SEP II :thumbs:
Robert, beautiful captures, and love that paint like bokeh shot!!
Cenek, your shots are always classics in composition, and I love the shot on the street corner:)
Matt, your series with M-M are great, and amazing depth of the tonality.:thumbs:
Mike, stunning landscapes in the field of B&W shots:D
Esmallits, amazing shots! #1 is just wonderful in the flow of colors.
Rayyan, very nice B&W shot of the sailing vessel:)
Jono, great to see you back. Just got to love those "Nocti" shots:thumbup:

Shots from Saturday afternoon, at a friends wedding at Tambrookum in Queensland. All with the M-M, 50 Nocti f/1.0. All PP'd with LR4. The M-M was wonderful to use, seemingly working in the late afternoon, to very dark night shots at 10000 ISO.

All the shots are linked here, Charles Kalnins Photography | Shaun and Hayley's Wedding 22 September 2012

Here is a number of shots:

m_driscoll

Charles: Brilliant Wedding shoot! The excellent consistency of your work with this combo shows on your website. Really well done! Love your pp. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Hosermage

Wonderful pictures from everyone... this thread is addicting, since I've thought about checking this thread multiple times throughout the weekend while camping. About 9 years ago, we went camping with friends at Lake Cuyamaca, only to be chased out of the campgrounds by the Cedar Fire of San Diego. This time we went back again, now with children in tow, and still saw plenty remnant signs of the fire.

New camping trip means a few set of images to share, and I'll try to separate them out by themes so I won't flood the thread. I must say, I always look forward to processing the images after a trip, and it's so easy with the M9. Only take an hour or so to go through about 300 shots and ended up keeping 60 of them.

First theme: sun rise. For better or worse, I woke up early both days and was able to hike up a trail to catch the sun rise. The sun was the same, but the clouds were very different.

This one, I personally like a lot:

StephenPatterson

I'm just getting back to a decent internet connection and catching up on viewing this thread, but fantastic work David Young, Cenek, Georg, Mike Woods, Matt Driscoll, Ashwin, esmallits, Robert, rayyan, Charles and Jono...you guys set the bar high!!!

Here's a few from my short trip into Hunan Province last week. Most shots are in FengHuang, also called Phoenix Town, but the fisherman was shot at Fu Rong Zhen.

"FengHuang Footbridge"
M9-P + 21 Super Elmar-M. Single exposure processed in LR4

"Miao Girl"
M9-P + 90 Elmarit-M

"River Crossing"
M9-P + 90 Elmarit-M

"The Fisherman and the Waterfall"
M9-P + 90 Elmarit-M

Last edited:

rayyan

Status
Not open for further replies.