The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosermage

The one I bought was: eBay

You'll have to check the screw holes pattern to make sure it's the right one, there are two types, apparently. I should get it within a week and I'll report back on how it works. I actually have a 35'Cron V4 that has a the flange replaced for 6-bit, and it has not cause any problems. So, I'm hopeful :)

PatrickCheung

I've got SOOOO much catching up to do...

My apologies for falling off the face of the earth. Ever since school started, I've had no time to check this thread, I barely have enough time to take a photo! I found myself wondering what you guys were up to and how many beautiful photos you guys have posted since I last viewed this thread... and of course, wondering if you all forgot about me already :(

I started my second year of university a few weeks ago... and this year is MUCH busier than last. I barely passed last year, so I decided to turn my focus to my studies. That said... I've been getting by day to day, finishing the assignments the night before they're due... there's just been so much work.

Every once in a while though, I find myself with an hour or two to spare... which I usually spend at the gym (I've decided that I should also try and be healthier... jog everyday and stuff), or in the darkroom. I've been shooting with film much more lately, mostly because I've learned how to develop. It's nice knowing that I produced these photos from start to finish :)

Here are a few photos I've taken and developed within the past few weeks... I haven't scanned all the rolls I've shot yet (there are about 3 more rolls to scan). They're nothing special... but they're photos!

I wish I could stay and chat but I've got class in half an hour :( bye guys :(

Godfrey

Excellent photos! Keep on going, Patrick!

I admire your commitment, both to your studies and your photography. I also am much much busier this year than I imagined I would be. And it seems the busier I get, the more I want to shoot more film. Funny thing, eh?, since film takes more time to work with.

I've become entranced by the Leica CL and 6x6 format folding cameras. Since time to do film processing is an issue, I've taken to shooting XP2 Super and having the film processed at the local drugstore photo kiosk. They do a sometimes dirty job, but then part of the charm of how film looks to me are its imperfections and deficiencies.

dude163

Hi all, some wonderfully exotic shots lately, here are mine from a trip to the creek 10 minutes behind my house :)

shooting shots like this with the huge viewfinder is a piece of cake

so of course the little one tries a bigger rock , notice the sensible outfits for hiking in the woods and along riverbeds ( yes I had to carry her on my back there)

Cheers

mdwsta4

Been traveling quite a bit for the last month and a half so haven't had time to edit images (let alone post!). Here's a hodge podge collection of snaps since August. Hopefully I'll find time in the next week or two to edit my two weeks around Europe.

Pilates in the park at sunset

Chicago

Catalina Island for my birthday

Riding around town

Making kettle corn

Sweet tat

Training wheels

C&C always welcome and appreciated.

Cheers,
M

Hosermage

Patrick and Matt, nice to see images from you guys again. Catalina Island looks beautiful, kinda funny that I've never been there after living in LA for over 20 years. One of these days...

mAlKhamis

Patrick, Stunning set, well done !! you truly need a Leica M3 as Robert said for that kind of magic ;) cheers! buddy

Robert, lovely colorful set !!

Matt, amazing set !! specially the 3rd shot, what an amazing angle !!

mdwsta4

Patrick and Matt, nice to see images from you guys again. Catalina Island looks beautiful, kinda funny that I've never been there after living in LA for over 20 years. One of these days...
Thank you. It's been on my bucket list since I moved here. Found out a few years back that they offer a free ticket on your birthday. So this year I flew back from Chicago and hopped right on the boat over! Not a bad way to spend the day! Even better when you have great company.

seakayaker

Boys Watching Salmon at the Ballard Locks Fish Ladder ~ Seattle, WA

Father and Son at the Ballard Locks Fish Ladder ~ Seattle, WA

M9 - Leica Elmar-M ASPH. 24mm f3.8

algrove

Stephen and the many others-

You have taken the M to a new level.

Stephen-Wow. Just wonderful shots with thought out composition and great lens choices. Bravo.

m_driscoll

Stephen, I ordered a 6-bit-ready mounting flange from ebay and will attempt to install it myself. I never shot anything over 50mm before, so it'll take some getting used to the much smaller framelines.

Matt, is the new M a hard decision to make? :D
David: The M, or, the M-M? No regrets on the M-M. The M was an easy decision. I just got on the list. Maybe when they have it sorted out in the Spring, and you can see some photos from it, I'll make the actual decision. :D

Cheers,
Matt

m_driscoll

While walking up the 16th St. Mall in Denver, CO, last week, we stumbled upon a concert. They were playing Woody Guthrie music. The same musicians/Guthrie scholars, played at 'Woody Fest' (~ Welcome to WoodyFest ~) in Okemah, OK (Woody's birthplace). They were really good! I could have shot a video if I had an 'M'. :D

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/60s; +1/3 EV; ISO 1000

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/90s; +1/3 EV; ISO 320

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/90s; +1/3 EV; ISO 320

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/90s; +1/3 EV; ISO 500

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/90s; +1/3 EV; ISO 500

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/60s; +1/3 EV; ISO 1000

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.