The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayaker

M/V Sea Horse ~ Work Boat ~ Hiram M. Chittenden Locks ~ Seattle, WA

Large Lock (80 x 825 feet, 24.4 x 251.5 meter) ~ Hiram M. Chittenden Locks ~ Seattle, WA

M9 - Leica Elmar-M ASPH. 24mm f3.8

Lloyd

I've been on the road for the past 2 weeks... Rode across the country on my Harley, 2752.4 miles... so I haven't been around much. I was able to follow occasionally via my iPhone, but not able to comment with my fat fingers. Truly some terrific images posted here lately. Great work everyone. I hope to have a few ready to share soon.

Dan Ortego

From my 2008 M8 w/silver 50 Lux' that I still miss ...a lot! This was taken in Scottsdale, AZ 'Kierland Commons' outdoor shopping mall, so its essentially a candid street-shot with the dog owner's permission.

Last edited:

Hosermage

Lloyd, sounds like an incredible vacation, one that I can only dream of. Eagerly awaits for your photos.

I've been on the road for the past 2 weeks... Rode across the country on my Harley, 2752.4 miles... so I haven't been around much. I was able to follow occasionally via my iPhone, but not able to comment with my fat fingers. Truly some terrific images posted here lately. Great work everyone. I hope to have a few ready to share soon.

PatrickCheung

I forgot how fast this thread progresses... Thanks for the kind comments :)

Godfrey, I completely understand what you mean... I figured that I'd have the same amount of free time this year as I did last year... so I bought a bunch of film in hopes that I get to learn how to develop in the school's darkroom. Sadly... I got a lot more work. I just developed a few more rolls so I'm hoping to scan those in a bit.

Matt, Nice photos of europe :) I'm thinking of getting a few internships in europe in the coming years... so hopefully I'll be doing the same as you :)

Matt Driscoll, looks like you had fun at that concert :) I miss hearing live music...

So much has happened in the past few days... I don't know where to begin. I guess I'll start off with photo-related things... A day ago, my professors approached me while I was developing and asked me if I'd be interested in starting a photo club. They just bought a new gallery space down the road and want a few photos up there for the first show. They wanted me to help organize and gather a Cambridge Photo League (reminiscent of the New York Photo League that was disbanded in the 50's), a group that produces mostly film photos, and spreads the darkroom/film culture to the school community. Pretty cool huh? I got a few friends onboard... Hillary of course... and a really pushy, narcisistic Masters student (who's already expecting the undergraduates... or us... to do the "bitch work"). My current issue now is finding funding... both for the club and for me to be shooting film. I feel like if I'm to shoot primarily film, then I'll need a more... versatile body than the point and shoots I'm using. I'm looking into getting me M2. I've owned an M3 before, and the 0.9x viewfinder is kinda... limiting seeing as I shoot mostly wide angles.

Ontop of that... I have mor epersonal financial issues. My program requires that we complete a certain amount of co-op/internship terms. I'm hoping to go overseas and work in europe, and at least spend one term in San Francisco. The problem is that I'm going to have to pay for a work visa every time I go outside the country. A Visa for the states is $1000CAD... not covered by the employers... that means ontop of the air fare and living expenses, I need to pay for a Visa. Europe's work visas are cheaper... but some countries are hard to get a visa in. Luckily, I was born in a British-Ruled Hong Kong and have an expired british passport I can possibly renew. Either way, I need to find a way to raise money for my Co-Op terms...

If anyone has any idea as to how to get some money for both the Photo League and my Co-Op terms... I'd be more than happy to hear them! I was thinking we could host photo shows and sell a few prints... and I was thinking of selling my X100 for a M2. If anyone's interested in my X100... I'd be more than happy to cut you a deal.

Finally... wanted to show you guys what I've been up to. We did a case study of a homeless youth shelter in Toronto. It's an old firetruck repair factory that got re purposed into a shelter. It has 10 small town houses in it arranged along a "main street". Housing is free for up to a year for the youth, but they have to go through a screening process. The youth need to be working towards getting a job or working a job. 30% of their pay goes to a savings fund the shelter sets up for the youth. The youth get the money back at the end of their stay so they can use it to rent their own place in the city! One of the inhabitants had a child to support, so he worked real hard and saved up 10grand through the savings program :)

Here's a stiched photo my group member did of the main street in the building.

Hosermage

Patrick, for you photo club, how about getting some sponsorship from the local shops? They can help by donating some gears and chemicals, and in exchange you'll periodically hold meetings in their stores or near so they can get some business from the club members. As for money for yourself, the only way I knew how to get cash in college is to work part time, skip on textbooks, and eat horribly cheap.

More pictures from the camping trip... this batch: kids!

My friend asked if I would do a session with them for their family portraits. I was both excited and scared, since I've never done any "serious" photography work before. Instead, I suggested that we just take a few shots near the campground and see how they like it first:

dude163

Patrick, have you talked to KEH.com or Henrys ? they might be able to sponsor your photo club, or at least give you a good deal on gear

mAlKhamis

Matt, so glad that you liked my last set, indeed the 1st one is kind of scary because i thought that the dutch lady would hit me after this shot :p I really loved your set from Woody Fest with M-M well done my buddy !

Dan, lovely captures from the aquarium, nice work my friend !

Ceh, excellent shots !!

Those are terrific, David. That third one is off the charts!
+1 from me David :) truly excellent work !

some few colors and B&W from the beautiful city of Amsterdam with M9 and 35cron

In the rivers of the city by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Boat cheers! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

The Old Mini by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

m_driscoll

Lloyd: Awesome ride!! :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.