The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickCheung

David, I havent been camping in so long... hope you guys had fun! My parents went this summer without me... :(

Rob, Talking to the people at KEH wouldn't be a bad idea... I've recently learned that you get a surprising amount of help just by asking for it!

Moh, I've missed your photos... the one of the Mini is beautiful :) Very cool!

Ashwin, cool photos! I enjoyed the one of the man with the djembe the most :) And I do believe that there's a photo of Lloyd in there... cool!

Lloyd, the eye contact from the new york lady makes the photo! glad she noticed. Things like that happen to me every once in a while... :)

Kevin, I've always wanted to try that lens out... so dreamy! lovely photo :) I do believe you're active on RFF as well... I think I remember seeing a thread you posted on C-mount lenses? I fell in love with those photos!

I had quite a nice weekend... it started off with an email I received saturday morning that made my day and provided me with... a lot of relief. My friends and I were supposed to catch the 12:50pm Greyhound to Toronto on Saturday for a little exploration day in the city before Nuit Blanche (an annual all-night art festival) that night. We were already about half an hour late in our schedule, and the chances of us getting on that bus were slim.

I checked my phone for the time, and found an email from a GetDPI member who offered to donate me his unused cameras to help with the photo club, and alleviate my financial stress :) I couldn't be more happy at that moment... I'm always surprised by the generosity and empathy that comes from this forum!

We went on with our trip, me a little happier than I was before... and we ended up at the Greyhound depot about 10 minutes late... with the bus waiting at the terminal. We asked if we could all fit on the bus... and they said that they had just enough seats for all of us :)

We made it to Toronto on time, and had a pretty nice day/night in the city. Nuit Blanche this year was a little disappointing but I had a great time with my friends :) I'll post photos of it in a bit... still working on them now!

KEVIN-XU

David, I havent been camping in so long... hope you guys had fun! My parents went this summer without me... :(

Rob, Talking to the people at KEH wouldn't be a bad idea... I've recently learned that you get a surprising amount of help just by asking for it!

Moh, I've missed your photos... the one of the Mini is beautiful :) Very cool!

Ashwin, cool photos! I enjoyed the one of the man with the djembe the most :) And I do believe that there's a photo of Lloyd in there... cool!

Lloyd, the eye contact from the new york lady makes the photo! glad she noticed. Things like that happen to me every once in a while... :)

Kevin, I've always wanted to try that lens out... so dreamy! lovely photo :) I do believe you're active on RFF as well... I think I remember seeing a thread you posted on C-mount lenses? I fell in love with those photos!

I had quite a nice weekend... it started off with an email I received saturday morning that made my day and provided me with... a lot of relief. My friends and I were supposed to catch the 12:50pm Greyhound to Toronto on Saturday for a little exploration day in the city before Nuit Blanche (an annual all-night art festival) that night. We were already about half an hour late in our schedule, and the chances of us getting on that bus were slim.

I checked my phone for the time, and found an email from a GetDPI member who offered to donate me his unused cameras to help with the photo club, and alleviate my financial stress :) I couldn't be more happy at that moment... I'm always surprised by the generosity and empathy that comes from this forum!

We went on with our trip, me a little happier than I was before... and we ended up at the Greyhound depot about 10 minutes late... with the bus waiting at the terminal. We asked if we could all fit on the bus... and they said that they had just enough seats for all of us :)

We made it to Toronto on time, and had a pretty nice day/night in the city. Nuit Blanche this year was a little disappointing but I had a great time with my friends :) I'll post photos of it in a bit... still working on them now!
Haha. Thanks for your words. : ) Indeed,I always post some pictures in that place. But I didn't post on c-mount lens.

Cheers
Kevin

PatrickCheung

Oh! My mistake, Kevin! Nice photos though :)

Here are a few photos from last night... In all honesty, we barely saw any of the exhibitions... they were too hard to find, too small when you found them, and too crowded to see what was going on. I'll attach a few photos of last year's Nuit Blanche... which was much better :) I mostly only took photos of my friends this year...

Probably my favourite photo of the night... so mysterious :)

creepy mask dude...

Here are a few from last year's festival! I'm not sure if I've posted these before. The installations were AMAZING. There were also a little less people... it was easier to get around and snap photos. This year, I just ended up rubbing butts with a lot of strangers... :(

And... Iunno if you guys will find this cool, but here's what I'm working on in school right now! I'm tasked with changing a place's purpose to promote a better sense of community (well, the actual assignment asked us to confront issues that came with the post-fordist era...). The transformation has to focus on the threshold (a transition in space) of the location. We're planning to turn my friend's room into a cafe... and turn the patch of roof his window looks out to into a patio. Here's a study of the existing place done in film.

The slide contains panoramic views of both the indoor and outdoor spaces... and a section view, cut across the room to the extent of the patio.

ashwinrao1

Well, I keep digging up more from NYC...hope you all don't mind:

And in the great tradition of GF putting up with wanna-be photogs, here is one more:

ghoonk

I've just embarked on a little project shooting colleagues in the office. Been there 7 years, and just wanted a good excuse to get around and catch up. Turned out to be a really fun and popular initiative so far, and I'm making it a point to make my rounds during lunch

Here are a couple that I really like

Colleague / housemate doing an Edward Norton squint

The M9P wanted to come out to play too

One of the guys from the UX team

The impeccably-dressed Italian

The alluring Frenchwoman

PatrickCheung

David :) It was actually a composition of (i believe) 5 semi-slow exposures layered ontop of each other. The radial blur is from the dancer swinging the torches. I remember being approached by the dancer online after she found the photos, asking me if I wanted to do a photo shoot with her. I had to decline due to school though :(

Ashwin, nice series of New York :) I'm going to be there in two weeks for a school trip :)

Bruno, great series! They're all so 3D...

Maggie, have fun with the new M9-P!

Maggie O

Thanks, Patrick. Though I'm not sure I'm really liking it. I've grown so accustomed to the Fujifilm X100, the M9-P seems to pale a bit, at least so far.

jonoslack

Ashwin - the first one with the subway steps is a complete killer

However - this one tickled my fancy:

Well, I keep digging up more from NYC...hope you all don't mind:

Hey! didn't know you had Steve Huff with you?:ROTFL:

(apologies to Steve if you're reading this - I couldn't resist)

Status
Not open for further replies.