The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude163

Im fighting against the MMs with Lloyd!

yes I shot it like this on purpose :) Monet-esque , My mom wanted a print for her wall and I said " I could take a photo that looks like that!" so she said " ok then...." oops

dude163

and here is one where I exposed for the water but my daughters friend is a redhead so she is as pale as my kids , the camera got a tad confused so I over-rode it, but not enough I fear :(

wstam

Received the 6-bit-ready flange bought from ebay yesterday, put it on the 90mm Elmarit-M and it didn't work :( Not only the 6-bit wasn't recognized, it also caused an increased front-focus. Shucks.. lesson learned, at least it was cheap.

Anyway, shot with the 90mm for a week, and I must say, this could become my second favorite focal length (50mm still is the first). Here are some shots from around the house with my usual test subject:
Hi David,

Love your photo (especially the first two) but not the news on the flange. I did go ahead to order one after reading your previous post. :( Have not received it yet. Will see how it goes. As you say, good thing that it's not that expensive.

Good to hear that you like this lens. That's encouraging. :)

Cheers.

Hosermage

a quick question... I noticed how the 90mm Elmarit had pretty slim depth of field at f/2.8. So, if f/1.4 on a m4/3 sensor feels like f/2.8, then can the same math be applied to longer focal length? If I do my math right, 90 @ f/2.8 should give me similar result like a 50 @ f/1.5? It sure feels that way. This is all excluding the light-gathering-ability, of course, strictly talking about DOF.

Lloyd

I think that seems right... based on relative sensor sizes, but focal length and distance to subject can make a huge difference as well.

Lloyd

Way behind thanks to my quick trip to California to help my son and his family move. Lots of wonderful work here folks. Thank you all for contributing.

Rayyan, Patrick: Thanks for your kind comments

Kevin-XU: Very nice; very dreamlike.

Matt: Great work with the MM. Especially like the bearded guy. The "Buying flowers" set is nice as well, to say nothing of the PP Market set, which is great.

Patrick: Nice set of pix of your friends. Handsome bunch. And the shot with the circular motion is terrific. The films set flat rocks, especially the third shot.

Ashwin: Another great set of NYC, especially Jenn, and the other shot on the Subway.

Bruno: That set of the dancers is really terrific! Love it. The dog set is excellent as well. And, the set on 151 is a winner. Love your b/w processing, btw.

Cenek: Nice shot in the bar, and shot of the woman and the two girls touching the wall is terrific.

Maggie: Two great sets on 150. Love the shot of Jackson on the stool. Great to have you posting here again. The set of the "critters" on 151 is cool too, especially the one of Scooter through the door. And nice work with the CV 15. I love that little lens.

Kenneth: I like both the idea and the execution of the set of your co-workers. Very nice; thanks for sharing.

Jono: Nice set from Crete. I really like the shadows on the colored deck. That "Kodachrome Harvest" shot from the second set is a winner as well.

Jim: You etherial images are simply magic. Love the Yosemite shot.

David: Fun shots from Lake Cuyamaca, especially the bridge. Really like the shadows in the Irvine shot, but that set of your son... Wow. Especially that first one.

Robert: The colors on the water set is simply magic.

WuffStuff: Awesome portrait; wonderful b/w.

Wstam: Really excellent architectural study.

Ashwin: Great stuff with your MM. Glad you finally got it, looking forward to more.

Jaree: Beautiful images from Germany. Love that last one especially.

I think that's everything. Hope I didn't miss anyone... again, great work all.

Godfrey

a quick question... I noticed how the 90mm Elmarit had pretty slim depth of field at f/2.8. So, if f/1.4 on a m4/3 sensor feels like f/2.8, then can the same math be applied to longer focal length? If I do my math right, 90 @ f/2.8 should give me similar result like a 50 @ f/1.5? It sure feels that way. This is all excluding the light-gathering-ability, of course, strictly talking about DOF.
Yes, that's approximately correct.

Another example: I have a Nikkor-H 85mm f/1.8 (one of my very favorite lenses from Nikon F days in the early 1970s, and still a fine performer). Fitted to the Olympus E-1, this lens provides a field of view and DoF behavior very very similar to what I obtain using a Nikkor 180/2.8 ED AI-S on the Nikon F.

dude163

2 shots of the birds at the local park while walking with the kids

first one at 1/8000th and 2nd at 1/4000th of a sec ( lovin that m8!)

Status
Not open for further replies.