The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickCheung

For the past week, Hillary and I have been staying up till 5am, sleeping till maye 8:30... working all morning, afternoon, evening, and early morning till 5 again... just to have it all repeat. There's just so much to do in so little time!

We handed in a project yesterday and decided to take a day off today. We were making pancakes for brunch when the firealarm went off... we ran down 16 flights of stairs 'cause we smelt smoke and waited outside for a while before being told by the fire department that it was just some lady who burnt some toast and set off the alarm. We marched back up 8 flights of stairs when Hillary hurt her foot and we had to rest for a while. We were going off about 4 hours of sleep in the past night too, so I could've used the break as well. We took a nap after the pancakes... and decided to take the night off. Despite all the work due next week... we do need some time to ourselves :p We just watched How To Train Your Dragon, and made halloween costumes :p Though... job applications start tomorrow and we don't have our portfolios put together... we'll fall asleep tonight happy... but probably wake up tomorrow worrying about our coming work term.

I think these photos sum up our past few weeks rather nicely... facing annoyance after annoyance (read: deadline after deadline) a lack of sleep... and an overshadowing fear of not getting a job next term, or not doing well in school :p

These were taken with the new Ricoh GRD3 I got today :) I sold my X100 last week in light of the GRD. I figured I wanted a smaller, cheaper, faster-to-use camera. Plus, I could use the difference in cost towards my school fees. The Ricoh is an amazing little thing :p I can see it taking over many of my other cameras. Sorry for the lack of digital M photos lately :(

kchong

Great job with the shots, Patrick. I'm having last-year anxiety as well but I think it's about time Canada gets out of this slump and there should be a few good years ahead.

dude163

Canada isnt in a slump is it? we are on the leica forum :)

cant be all that bad. Then again Im retired so my worries are of a different kind

kchong

Canada isnt in a slump is it? we are on the leica forum :)

cant be all that bad. Then again Im retired so my worries are of a different kind
Haha, it's not that bad for most people, just for those of us who are graduating and finding our first real jobs... I'm actually saving money with Leica! With almost no depreciation or even appreciation on the equipment I have, it works like a fun savings plan.

Anyways, here's another one from my time in Hong Kong. M8 with Canon S-Mount 28/2.8. Not a great lens(I sold it) but does a great job for B&W.

Hosermage

Not much to share as I've been stuck at home, but I've been enjoying all the wonderful photos from you guys. Here's one from this afternoon in the backyard... I hope the processing isn't too soft for your taste:

mdwsta4

Have been extremely busy with work lately and forgot to post pics from my European adventure last month. Here are a few starters:

Flying over the Atlantic

Amsterdam

Next up Munich...

Cheers,
Matt

PatrickCheung

Pete, Godfrey, Thanks :) I do hope it's the vision that counts.

K, man, I hope all works out for you in your last year. I can't even see that far into the future anymore :p It's all Structures Midterm tomorrow, Enviro test and Job application deadlines on Tuesday, Iconography Essay on Friday, Studio Deadline on Monday for me ;)

Great set, Moh :p I love the expressions you caught!

David, sometimes the best photos are taken at home :) Any photo of a loved one should definitely mean something to the photographer, no? :p

ashwinrao1

Continuing on the theme of portraits. The AMAZING 90 mm f/2 Summicron version 2 ("the Giant") attached to the MM....A gentle giant at that:

Status
Not open for further replies.