The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardkaraa

Great shots Ed! How is the Tele-Tessar? I've been thinking to pick up my first "decent" tele lens and the price makes it an attractive choice but I can't seem to find much on it...
Thanks Kchong!

I haven't tried any other M-mount teles, so I can't really compare. It is very small, light, very sharp wide open, and has a nice bokeh. It is clinically perfect as you would expect from such a small max aperture Zeiss lens. If you look at the summarit MTF, they are almost similar at f/4 and f/8, with a slight edge going for the Zeiss. It also focuses at 0.9 m., which can sound negligible, but in actual use it can make a difference.

Also the 90mm frames of the M9 are too tight for this lens. I always get generously more in the actual shot but I have learned to frame very tightly with it.

The only drawback I can think of is the slow max aperture, which makes it essentially a day time lens, unless you feel comfortable shooting at iso 2500, like I did in the above shots.

Considering the price, size and optical performance, highly recommended.

StephenPatterson

"Best Friends"

M9-P + 35 Summilux FLE
Longshan, Hunan Province, China

In many ways I feel as if I am documenting the end of an era in this small Chinese town, and so I am trying to meet as many of the locals as possible. Their warmth and hospitality to me is quite amazing. For most I'm the first westerner they have ever seen.

m_driscoll

Seattle (Ballard), Walla Walla, and Honolulu.

M9; 50mm f/.95; 1/1000s; ISO 160

M9; 50mm f/.95; 1/1500s; ISO 160

M9; 28mm f/2; 1/500s; -1/3 EV; ISO 160

M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/1000s; -1/3 EV; ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

ashwinrao1

Nice caps, Edward. I thought that you had been searching for a ZM 85 sonnar, but it seems that the tele-tessar is doing a marvelous job for you.

All the best,
Ashwin

edwardkaraa

Thank you very much Ashwin. Indeed Zeiss were planning to make a last batch of the Sonnar, to be available in December 2012, and I placed a pre-order, only to be notified a couple of months later that the plan was scraped.

mdwsta4

Next part of my European trip... Prague.

Prague has to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. Amazing architecture, extremely friendly people, rich history, and a very romantic vibe to the city.

more to come...

dude163

My pal and his wife liked my fall shots of them so he was showing me his flash gear and setup , so of course I hijacked it and popped the trigger on my M8 :)

I think he is channeling his inner Steve Jobs!

ceh

Edward,
thank you for your kind words.
:)
My new Summilux 50/1.4 Asph.,1/125sec.,f/1.4,ISO800 (M9-P)

Status
Not open for further replies.