The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosermage

Accidentally walk into the Veteran's day preparations in front of the city library today... I've walked by the eternal flame statue before and have always wanted to try to capture it. Well, today's as good of a day as ever.

And one for fun :)

animefx

My first real day with the 50mm Summilux ASPH. My lenes back focuses about 1.5 inches on the M8. I'm bummed that I'll need to send it in to get calibrated... Will I need to send my M8 in with it? Sometimes I've been able to compensate for it by focusing slightly further and using f/2 or f/2.5... I ended up with these results when I was lucky and nailed the focus...

jonoslack

Woah Woah - lots of great shots here - really fine - Animefx - you're doing great things with that summilux . . . .. sometimes learning the idiosyncracies of your camera / lens combination can be the easiest option. I've just got my 'broken' 75 'cron fixed by Leica, it worked fine before, now it front focuses horribly. Sometimes deciding to focus from infinity rather than close up is enough to make the difference.
Perfection is lovely, but sometimes pragmatism is easier to live with!

. . . . which leads me to this photograph. I'm trying to establish a new genre . . I call it 'Rural Street' In this case it required using a WATE, as I certainly would not have dared point the camera at this splendid and formidable old lady!

Processed in Silver efex pro

all the best

jonoslack

Urban street? I though it was medieval street. :)
Thanks Vivek - for pointing out my idiocy - of course, I meant 'Rural Street', and have modified it accordingly.

Medieval . . that is not a medieval lady .. old, yes, but not that old. Feisty - yes indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.