The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

An afternoon walk at Sapsucker Woods (Cornell Lab of Ornithology) on the wetland trail. Not many birds to see this time of year but nice walking trails and no mosquitos. All with Leica M-E and Zeiss 25mm f/2.8 Biogon.

Note the heron nest in the tall tree with the power line running up the side of the tree. There are cameras mounted up there that provide a continuous live feed of the nest.
Heron Cams

PatrickCheung

Cenek and Wolfgang... I've never been one for landscapes, nature, or architecture photos... but yours just blew my mind.

Gary, sorry for the lack of reply... I've been busy lately :p Maybe "soft" for the ASPH cron wasn't the right term. It's sharp, it captures crazy amounts of detail... but it's not unflatteringly clinical. There's a certain softness to it... maybe that's what they're talking about when people mention the "Leica Glow"... I'm not too sure.

I picked up a Summaron 35/3.5 in LTM to replace my messy Canon 35/2... it's a cute little lens... sharp, low contrast... fun.

My small friend Miho playing with my big Pentax 67 (body + lens for $150!) :p Taken with the Summaron.

Hosermage

Some BWs from visiting the local IKEA:

It's quite glowy, I probably should have stopped down, but I like how the mirror panels looks like grayscale swatches.

The inside of that wall of windows is the cafeteria:

m_driscoll

Wolfgang: Good looking Abyssinian shot!

Thank you for the kind words
I was pleased. . . . nice to make a pretty picture of something you love :)

Good isn't it - and the kitten shot is fine (is she an Abyssinian - like the one in my shot - if so you're in trouble!) . . . that 90 elmarit lens is a favorite of mine as well . . I've just ordered the 135 APO . . . . .
Jono: +1! Nice photo of Emma

I, too, have a 135 APO coming. Makes sense with the future M. Incidentally, I'm extremely virtuous (unlike some, around here!). I, only have one camera in my possession - a Sony RX100. The MM's off being looked at. Locking up too much

Yes, Abyssinians. Our first one, Abby (passed away in January):

Even more fun in pairs. Aisling and Willow; 9 months old. (my apologies - a Sony RX100 shot):

Aisling, or maybe, Willow:

Cheers, Matt

ced

Nice image in the forest Mike!
Here are few from Belgica.
Sablon & Spotty with M9, 35/2Cron the other with 90/2Apo.

Last edited:

scho

I am seeing color artifacts (moire like) around fine detail in M9 images processed in LR4.3(rc). No way to remove it that I could find. Does not appear in files processed in Capture One 7 (no noise reduction or moire removal used). Anyone else notice this and have a LR solution?
C1 left, LR right (open in new window for full size)

Full image for context.

Frits

I am seeing color artifacts (moire like) around fine detail in M9 images processed in LR4.3(rc). No way to remove it that I could find. Does not appear in files processed in Capture One 7 (no noise reduction or moire removal used). Anyone else notice this and have a LR solution?
I have noticed the absence of these artifacts when processed in Capture One 7, while they are present in PS CS5 (same processing engine as LR?) pretty much as in your sample here.

V

Vivek

C1 left, LR right (open in new window for full size)
Carl, Both show CA. Only a bit less on the left. Is it moire or CA?

scho

I have noticed the absence of these artifacts when processed in Capture One 7, while they are present in PS CS5 (same processing engine as LR?) pretty much as in your sample here.
Yes, same ACR engine. Guess I'll stay with C1 for the M9 files.
Carl, Both show CA. Only a bit less on the left. Is it moire or CA?
I don't know Vivek. The colors only occur around high contrast edges, like the sign letters in this image.

edwardkaraa

Yes, same ACR engine. Guess I'll stay with C1 for the M9 files.
Well, of course, the LR files show more moire, but it is not completely absent in C1. I feel the LR version is more crisp. There is some softness in the C1 version. I would prefer LR myself, a little bit of moire doesn't hurt, it's a good sign that your lens is sharp :)

Status
Not open for further replies.