The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

One very strange : I was walking by the sea, and suddenly these children came out of the beach, like they were trying to escape something !
Reminiscent of a very famous magazine cover picture from a different era! Great capture!

Photo from Reunion island- not a great place for children is it?

Last edited:

shtarka1

Thanks, Steve! It's a Gibson Dove, the Hummingbird's flashier cousin. Amiee Mann, K.T. Tunstall and I all play one. ;):D

It's one of the best-sounding acoustics I've come across that isn't older than I am.
Wow! I just listened to it on YouTube! So Bright & Sweet Sounding! I'm playing a Martin 00028 Eric Clapton,& a HD28V Dread & a Gibson Standard Plus Electric.
Love the Dove!:thumbs:

ced

Thanks Steve & Jono for the comps.
Thanks too to all the likes posted.
Jono love the bedroom pic's lighting.
ed the Distagon 18 sure is very nice.
Jason the camouflaged dog is wonderful.
Keep the pics coming all and have a Great Festive Season a real opportunity to be taking tons of new pics!

douglasf13

I can't remember if I posted this one or not, so I apologize if this is a duplicate.

Here's my little Rambo on Halloween. M9 + 50 Cron V:

V

Vivek

That is a cutie, Douglas! :)

(Not sure if Dad's PP does justice to the greens (tint) that look plasticky)

douglasf13

That is a cutie, Douglas! :)

(Not sure if Dad's PP does justice to the greens (tint) that look plasticky)
Thanks, Vivek. This is just my standard import setting in LR4, which bases greens off of Portra by being a little more blue than yellow, and being less saturated. I'm not a big fan of the really electric, yellow-hued greens that tends to come out of digital camera's normal profiles. I like subdued colors.

Plus, that shot was in overcast light, which made the greens a little less punchy and more blue. Here is a throwaway shot in the sun with the exact same color settings, in order to illustrate those green settings in different light.

And here's the original shot with LR4's standard color profile, if you prefer these greens:

And my original version for easy comparison:

I guess I could split the difference a bit with something like this. I think I may like it a little more than my original:

Maggie O

Wow! I just listened to it on YouTube! So Bright & Sweet Sounding! I'm playing a Martin 00028 Eric Clapton,& a HD28V Dread & a Gibson Standard Plus Electric.
Love the Dove!:thumbs:
Ohhh, nice and concise collection! Those are all super-solid. I wish I had a Martin to go with my Dove and my 1925 Regal LeDomino parlor guitar. :thumbs:

douglasf13

Ohhh, nice and concise collection! Those are all super-solid. I wish I had a Martin to go with my Dove and my 1925 Regal LeDomino parlor guitar. :thumbs:
There seems to be a lot of cross-pollination between camera and guitar lovers. I'm playing a Gibson J-185, a 50's Martin nylon string, and an '02 Gibson R8 Les Paul flame top, although my '57 Reissue Strat from the '90s seems to be getting the most use, these days. It has a really unique, deep V-shaped neck that Fender phased out.

Status
Not open for further replies.