The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Thanks for the variations, Douglas.:) Sorry about the nit pick. The tint takes little away from the cute subject. :)

douglasf13

Thanks for the variations, Douglas.:) Sorry about the nit pick. The tint takes little away from the cute subject. :)
Yeah, I think the uber-green of the regular profile takes away from the subject more, but to each his own! Do you like Velvia by chance? I've always preferred really subdued color.

jonoslack

Well Douglas - bright green or Light green, that looks like a real man you have . . . and a real woman as well, someone who can deal with Leicas and Martins AND looks good is more than any man can expect!

Maggie O

Maggie O

There seems to be a lot of cross-pollination between camera and guitar lovers. I'm playing a Gibson J-185, a 50's Martin nylon string, and an '02 Gibson R8 Les Paul flame top, although my '57 Reissue Strat from the '90s seems to be getting the most use, these days. It has a really unique, deep V-shaped neck that Fender phased out.
I love those '57 Strats. I've got a '62RI from 1983 that's been with me since '84, when I bought it new (via my 90 Tele-Elmarit 2.8):

1983 '62RI Fender Stratocaster, January, 2010 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

But my main electric these days is a Bowery Pine T-style made by Rick Kelly of Carmine Street Guitars in NYC. It's made out of the pine beams of an early 19th century bowery warehouse, from trees that were cut during the 1700's!

Via the CV Ultron 28/1.9:

Kelly Bowery Pine Tele, June, 2010 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Tele-Elmarit again:

Bowery Pine Tele, June, 2010 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Let me slip in an X100 photo, if I may:

Kelly Tele Corner, July 13, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

It's got a big, beefy neck and it weighs about six and a half pounds and sings like a bird, even unplugged. Best electric guitar I've ever laid hands on.

douglasf13

Well Douglas - bright green or Light green, that looks like a real man you have . . . and a real woman as well, someone who can deal with Leicas and Martins AND looks good is more than any man can expect!
Ha! Thanks, Jono. I'll have to tell her you said that, so that she's motivated to keep dealing with all of this stuff! FWIW, the Martin was actually her grandmother's. :)

To be honest, I'm actually about to unload a bunch of guitar stuff (and a car,) because I've got an opportunity to expand my business with that money, and the guitars spend most of the time in their cases, these days.

jonoslack

But my main electric these days is a Bowery Pine T-style made by Rick Kelly of Carmine Street Guitars in NYC. It's made out of the pine beams of an early 19th century bowery warehouse, from trees that were cut during the 1700's!

It's got a big, beefy neck and it weighs about six and a half pounds and sings like a bird, even unplugged. Best electric guitar I've ever laid hands on.
Oh! Maggie - I don't play guitar, but even to me that looks like a thing of Beauty and Wonder - which you've done proud with lovely photos!

all the best

douglasf13

Wow, Maggie. That guitar looks fantastic. I've never played one of those before.

In my early 20s, I used to work at the Guitar Center in Hollywood, who's guitar and vintage department is ridiculous, and I'm not sure that I ever netted a profit off of that place, because I spent everything that I made! LOL I've cut things down quite a bit, but, as I mentioned above, I'm probably going to get rid of some more gear. That Rick Kelly guitar looks like all of the guitar anyone could want.

Maggie O

Oh! Maggie - I don't play guitar, but even to me that looks like a thing of Beauty and Wonder - which you've done proud with lovely photos!

all the best
Thanks, Jono!! Rock and Roll!!!

Wow, Maggie. That guitar looks fantastic. I've never played one of those before.

In my early 20s, I used to work at the Guitar Center in Hollywood, who's guitar and vintage department is ridiculous, and I'm not sure that I ever netted a profit off of that place, because I spent everything that I made! LOL I've cut things down quite a bit, but, as I mentioned above, I'm probably going to get rid of some more gear. That Rick Kelly guitar looks like all of the guitar anyone could want.
I used to shop down the street from GC at Johnny Guitar- got this at a steal of a price) and an early 80's RAT there:

Fender Tele-Sonic In Tiny Amp Town, December, 2009 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Rick really knows his stuff and it was well worth the 18-month wait for mine. Of course, it doesn't hurt that my guitar idols all have guitars from Rick's shop: Lou Reed (Leica shooter, too), Marc Ribot, Jim Campilongo, G.E. Smith and the late Robert Quine all have or had Rick build them Teles.

Say, if you're going to be selling stuff off, give me a heads up, I'm a magpie when it comes to guitars...:facesmack: :ROTFL:

douglasf13

Fantastic, Maggie. I loved going into all of those shops. I'll shoot you a list of the stuff I'm unloading, once I get it all together over the next few weeks.

BTW, I just got a 90/2.8 tele-elmarit a few weeks back, and, according to your images, it looks like it does a nice job on guitars. :)

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Andrew, that series is AMAZING. blows my mind!!! Fantastic images, with a cohesive feel, pop, and serious color! Great!!!

shtarka1

There seems to be a lot of cross-pollination between camera and guitar lovers. I'm playing a Gibson J-185, a 50's Martin nylon string, and an '02 Gibson R8 Les Paul flame top, although my '57 Reissue Strat from the '90s seems to be getting the most use, these days. It has a really unique, deep V-shaped neck that Fender phased out.
Very,Very Nice Douglas!

Mike Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.