The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikalWGrass

Andrew, please stop!!! You're making me want to sell my other gear and get an M9.

On another note, whatever happened to Patrick C.? He seems to be MIA.

scho

The 3 Gs. Recently converted three of my Contax G lenses to M mount. Still have 3 unconverted to use with an old G2.

Some test sample images from the Gs on a Leica M-E. All on tripod at same distance from subject. Click for full size.

The 28 Biogon

The 45 Planar

The 90 Sonnar

The Sonnar again

The Planar again

seakayaker

Carl very nice photographs. Do you find the quality of the lens the same after the conversion to a M mount? Who did you go with to complete the conversion of the three lenses?

Interested in hearing your opinion.

Thanks.

scho

Carl very nice photographs. Do you find the quality of the lens the same after the conversion to a M mount? Who did you go with to complete the conversion of the three lenses?

Interested in hearing your opinion.

Thanks.
Thanks Dan. The optical quality is still the same after conversion. I would have preferred the conversion Robert was offering from Hawk, but the queue was too long. This conversion places the focusing ring at the base of the mount which is a bit cramped, but usable. Also, there is no distance/DOF scale, other than inf and close focus marks. I asked for hard inf/close focus stops, but apparently he can leave near focus uncoupled if desired). Focusing is very smooth, accurate on the M-E and certainly easier than it was with adapters on m43/NEX cameras. Mounts have 6 bit coding (all painted white, just add black marker/paint where needed if desired). Very quick service and reasonable price. Ebay merchant located in LA area.

edwardkaraa

That was exactly the line up I had with my G2 Carl. I loved the lenses, but the camera was a bit finicky, so I sold the kit, only to buy a new one a year later :D

I imagine the ZM 28 and 50 are equally as good, but I wish they could make another Sonnar.

dude163

My photos arent as esoteric or exotic, just pics of my kids after the school Xmas concert

Ilike this one and the first one the best , thats my wife in the background here

Status
Not open for further replies.