The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickCheung

Aside from Photography... I also have a huge interest in watches... especially mechanical watches... and especially those from the 40's-70's! Here's a Longines with a very clean hand-winding 12.68z movement inside...

And I feel like sharing some analog photos here, with my favourite people on GetDPI, if you don't mind :)

The reason why I won't stop taking photos is to capture moments like these:

My last few from the school term... and my Bronica RF645. It's spending some time with Hillary in Vancouver this term :)

Toronto Image Works cut this frame in half... and put a staple in it. I kind of like it!

And maybe my favourite photo of this roll... a photo of my classmate/friend Miho. She's probably one of the coolest people I've ever met. In our first school term of our first year Miho would drive an hour back to Toronto from Cambridge every weekend, regardless of our work load (and we had a HEAVY work load) so she could endulge in her true passion: climbing silk ropes. She was part of a group of... I suppose, circus performers. She'd practice on the ropes for an hour every weekend in Toronto, climbing an suspending herself meters, storeys, in the air. Though school caught up to her in the coming terms and she had to give up the silk ropes in light of architecture an design studio. Last time we talked, she told me she wasn't coming back next term. She's going to train for a term, and apply to a few circus schools in the following term. It's nice to see her pursuing her passion :)

I think this photo captures her well. I couldn't expose it, but on those panels she's examining are some of the most beautiful sketches an water colour paintings I've ever seen. Instead of computer rendering her project, she did everything by hand with water colour and ink. The low contrast, soft greys, and overall lightness of the photo fit perfectly with who she is... a light, graceful artist.

seakayaker

Woofstuff, a beautiful photograph!

Love the layers, the perspective, and the fine detail of the masts and light poles. Nicely done!

That is one large sailboat on the left.

wosim

Wolfgang, river surfing seems like it'd be loads of fun... but don't the kids get cold?!
Patrick,
of cause they must get cold! The water has no more than 4° Celsius, but outside it has been around minus 4°, so the water is a bit warmer! ;) O.k. the guys are moving constantly in and out and the neoprene-suits seem quite thick. Definitely not temperatures I like! But looking and shooting (with freezing fingers) is really great fun!:thumbs:

Wolfgang

Lloyd

I swore I'd never post a cat picture, but...

My granddaughter's cat... it's hated me since forever, but somehow took a liking to me on this visit.

M8, CV 75/2.5 @2.8:

The girl and her "kitty".

seakayaker

I swore I'd never post a cat picture, but...

My granddaughter's cat... it's hated me since forever, but somehow took a liking to me on this visit.

M8, CV 75/2.5 @2.8:
Lloyd, the look on the cat's face looks more like barely tolerating then it does liking! :D

Lloyd

Lloyd, the look on the cat's face looks more like barely tolerating then it does liking! :D
I agree, Dan, and it was the most positive look I got the first day. The next day I was sitting on the couch and the cat came and climbed on my lap. Same thing every time I sat down for the rest of our visit. Go figure.

ashwinrao1

Lloyd, those are amazing images, particularly the one of your granddaughter!

Frits, I love the colors in the shot above. Has a "Pink Floyd" vibe.

Wolfgang, nice job showing off the boken and sharpness of the 50 lux asph...

Cenek, nice capture of the icey ducks...

wuffstuff, lovely capture of the seascape and isolated person..

Edward, great shot, with a ton of POP!...M9 rocks, and you are showing off its lovely colors

Patrick, great shots of your expressive friends and of Hillary...you guys always look like you are having fun and enjoying life, despite the stressors.

Maggie, love the flight of the birds at the golden hour.

Everyone else, great stuff, as always...a couple sillies to share myself

And one from a recent exhibit with a fellow Leica photog in front of his great photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.