The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabberwocky

Here one from a quick outing with the ZM50 planar followed by a test shot with the preasph 50 lux the gentleman at the camera shop was nice enough to let me try.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Lots of talk on the new M...Well, I went and edited some of Jono's files from the DNG's posted on LUF and Leica' site, and I would say that I am pleased enough with the output...These are Jono's shots, not mine, and are from the M240....sorry, Jono, if these edits offend at all...

I can say with conviction that the files are malleable, but not in the same ball park as the MM for BW work...in my mind, the files are more like M9 files for BW conversion than MM files, which have incredible mid tone flexibility....ISO performance of the MM is more to my taste, when pixel peeping, but nevertheless, the M240 will make for a nice BW camera as well, due to its expanded DR...banding is obviously present, but I believe firmware may be at play, from what reading on comments that I have done....

Apologies again to Jono if I have overstepped my bounds in posting and editing his images...

rayyan

I am grateful to you all for the ' likes '. Thank you so very much. Means a lot to me.

Mekong at sunset. Testing the ME, handheld..

p.s. I have collected dust bunnies along the way! Shall take care of them when at home.
My apologies.

V

Vivek

I can say with conviction that the files are malleable, but not in the same ball park as the MM for BW work...in my mind, the files are more like M9 files for BW conversion than MM files, which have incredible mid tone flexibility....ISO performance of the MM is more to my taste, when pixel peeping, but nevertheless, the M240 will make for a nice BW camera as well, due to its expanded DR...banding is obviously present, but I believe firmware may be at play, from what reading on comments that I have done....
That text, Ashwin, being more malleable, will take me a lot of time to understand. :D

(I don't mean any malice, it was just a bit too obtuse for me.)

Lloyd

I am grateful to you all for the ' likes '. Thank you so very much. Means a lot to me.

Mekong at sunset. Testing the ME, handheld..

p.s. I have collected dust bunnies along the way! Shall take care of them when at home.
My apologies.
Wow! Gorgeous image, nicely done! :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.