The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Fantastic and touching story, Patrick of, of your affection for Hillary and the conversation and understanding shared with your parents.
Very much so. Communication between parents and their children aren't always easy. No matter how well intentioned each is, there is often a lack of understanding or the ability for each to identify what the other is feeling. Patrick, it was heartwarming that you and your parents have such an open minds regarding things of a personal nature and that you all can communicate your feelings without the concern for reprocussions.

One thing for certain is out closest relations are the most important commodity we have...not our cameras.

Dave (D&A)

wstam

Patrick, thanks for sharing the story. Wish your relationship with Hillary and your parents continue to grow strong.

Thanks to those who have shared the fantastic photos here. Also thanks to those "like" mine.

M9|ZMf2

The people were 2-3 stops in the shadow. So I made use of the LR graduated filter feature to lighten the area. Quite fun playing with this feature for the 1st time.

Lloyd

Nice use of the graduated filter. Really works well here, and I would not have known if you had not mentioned it.

Lloyd

Patrick: Add my voice/vote to the comments above. You're a lucky young man to have such caring and concerned parents. And they have a talented son they have many reasons to be proud of.

Lloyd

Today, since I had a day-off, I took my first photowalk by myself around downtown LA. Revisited places that I've been wanting to go back with the M9. Here's the first of the series... The Bradbury Building. I'll skip the usual angles and try to show you something different:
Terrific set, David. To me the first and the last are truly special images. :salute:

Hosermage

Who said you can't shoot birds with a M9 and a 35lux
I think that proves the stealthiness of the M9 :LOL:

Incidentally, just yesterday a young man, with what I think was a MF film camera, came up to me to say that I had a beautiful camera. Happened a few time before, too. I smiled and said thanks, but thinking inside that the M9 isn't so stealthy to the initiated!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, it might also be the photographer.
Birds often fly away when I approach camera or not.
last weekend, I was able to get quite close to a bunch of vultures and shot them with the d800 but vultures have a lot in common with Honey Badgers I think.
-bob

wosim

Two other pics from my favourite stay in Italy near Gaeta with view to Ischia and along the coastline towards Naples. You can find here mountains from sea level up to 1.400 m with pristine nature, long beaches, excellent seafood and pasta, Rome by train only two hours, Naples one and a half hours away, 40 km to the famous Abbey of Monte Cassino ...

Yes, you are right - I really love this corner of Italy !

Leica M9 / Tri-Elmar 4.0 21mm

Leica M9 / Summicron-M 2.0 90mm pre-Asph.​

rayyan

Edward, your series from Bangkok is amazing!:salute:

Folks, thank you for the 'likes'. Much appreciated.

Hosermage

more images from my stroll around downtown LA... so after leaving the Bradbury building, I walked a block up to the Angel's Flight and Angel's Knoll (they go a bit crazy with the whole "angel" theme). You might recognize this bench shot from the movie: (500) Days of Summer.

edwardkaraa

Thank you very much for your kind words, Rayyan.

The photo below is stunning (literally :D)

So many unique shots from your last trip. Is that in Laos?

Edward, your series from Bangkok is amazing!:salute:

Folks, thank you for the 'likes'. Much appreciated.

ceh

Thank you all for 'likes'
:salute:
..my first test shot with 50AA.
MM,50/2 AA,ISO4000,f/2.0,1/60sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.