The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

wosim

Nice action, Kevin, and welcome on board !

Here are three pics of the large field, where the Oktoberfest takes place in Munich, overlooked by the Statue of Bavaria.

Hosermage

Hi Wolfgang, the last shot is very interesting. Somehow the scale of things doesn't feel right. I looked back up and see that the statue was really quite huge, or maybe it's the compressed distance that made me do a double-take.

Taylor Sherman

This is from raw - more emotion. The one above was from jpeg.
Just my opinion, but I greatly prefer the colors in the first rendition (from jpg). The second one (from raw) is too cold. It's the opposition of the warmer colors (eggs and straw) and the colder ones in the first image that really do it for me.

Arjuna

Many thanks for the likes for my previous picture - it means a lot.
I have been out of town for a bit, and here is one from my travels - preliminary processing in RPP, then some PS: young monks at Shwezigon Pagoda, Bagan, Burma:

edwardkaraa

Thank you to our fellow members Teera and Stephen for the lovely afternoon shooting in the old quarters of Bangkok. All with the C-Sonnar:

M9 + ZM 50 C-Sonnar by edward karaa, on Flickr

jonoslack

Fun with the New Leica M

Hi There
Well, someone had to start it - and I'm sure it'll merge in with the other thread in due time.

So - all you guys out there with an M, start posting.

Unfortunately all I have is a very early firmware version, (I'm hoping for my real camera next week) but it takes photos okay, despite having the first version of the firmware.

Champagne envy

35 FLE 3200 ISO f2

All the best

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
re: Fun with the New Leica M

Dear Jono

Thx for starting. Maybe this should be the place for new postings for the Leica M (240) (do we have to keep putting that in? Leica really wasted lots of energy and ink when the dropped the M10 designation

Sort of like "the camera previously known as the M10? ":LOL:

Anyway, I guess the new M owners are out shooting as I see no new postings

But they will come
and be good...

I think,

I hope! :D

regards
Victor

animefx

re: Fun with the New Leica M

btw- That isn't my photo, but I have yet to see it posted elsewhere. The M 240 is certainly impressive with real life shots at high iso. More details better dynamic range than Canon's best for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.