The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosermage

Hey Mohammad, SF seems to have some crazy events and you're always there to capture them! I hope you didn't go home with a multi-colored camera :)

ashwinrao1

re: Fun with the New Leica M

LOL. I like the way you think, Jono! Gotta find funds, and not sure yet that I'd want to give up my 24 lux...which would work out financially...hmmmm....

jonoslack

LOL. I like the way you think, Jono! Gotta find funds, and not sure yet that I'd want to give up my 24 lux...which would work out financially...hmmmm....
Hmm yes. The 24'lux is an interesting conundrum. I'm considering letting mine go to help fund another body. It's big and I don't usually carry it for that reason.

Decisions decisions.

algrove

Sorry Ashwin - resistence is useless - you will be a victim :poke::bugeyes::lecture::toocool:
Now let's see-that's an even USD1.00 for Guy. He's only got 27,796 Smilies, etc. to be posted for him to secure M funds. Better hurry and pay before the Pound sinks any further!

onaujee

Lloyd, thanks... I used the M9 with Noctilux .95....

Lately I have been converting to all BW imagery and thinking about the MM :)

jonoslack

Smile, Roll on the floor Laughing, sunglasses, Poke. (with thanks to Tim Ashley)
we shouldn't make it too easy for Guy :) (oops)

jstaben

Wow Jono that last shot is so amazing with the water being in B&W! That's what being able to "see" in B&W is all about...I'm guessing that picture would not have had the visual impact in color but could be wrong. Love it!!

mAlKhamis

Hey Mohammad, SF seems to have some crazy events and you're always there to capture them! I hope you didn't go home with a multi-colored camera :)
David, Hehehe :ROTFL: Yes! indeed, this is why SF is my favorite city in the whole US. and as for the camera yes i got my self a multi colored M9 which should inspire Leica to create some sort of a special edition of it :p .. oh man i spent over an hour cleaning the lens and the body, and it's shiny and glowing ready to go again :salute:

Here are some more :)

Color worriers III by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Color worriers II by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Color worriers I by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

scott kirkpatrick

Actually, one of Jono's earlier gallery was water ripples from Venice in color. And rather nice. Can we see this one in its original Kodachrome form? I'm curious as to how the black boat holds up against the reflected walls that color the water.

scott

thrice

Interesting, I created a colour profile for the M240 with the 50APO today and when I switch to it in Lightroom the difference is practically imperceptible. They must have calibrated colour in the camera very well. Conversely when I enable my M9 profile I see an immediate shift.

I don't know if Jono mentioned (since I recall he also owned this lens) but colour shift and falloff with the 12mm Voigtlander is different (see images below, M first then M9)
Will be interesting to see how future ultra-wide Leica lenses are designed.

Sharpness differences in the corners between the M9 and M240 is barely perceptible but I have to rule in favour of the M240 by a hair.

Noise in the corners at base ISO is also in favour of the M240 - falloff correction does add a bit with either camera, the nature of the beast.

One interesting thing I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere is that you cannot engage live view or movie mode with a non-coded lens mounted.

It'll be a while until I can spend some serious time shooting with the camera, but when I can I promise to contribute more artistically to the thread :)

edwardkaraa

One interesting thing I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere is that you cannot engage live view or movie mode with a non-coded lens mounted.
I hope that is not the case. This would rule out the M for me as I have only non coded ZM lenses.

Hosermage

True, that seems unnecessary, but hopefully one can use manual lens selection to overcome it?

V

Vivek

Interesting, I created a colour profile for the M240 with the 50APO today and when I switch to it in Lightroom the difference is practically imperceptible. They must have calibrated colour in the camera very well. Conversely when I enable my M9 profile I see an immediate shift.

I don't know if Jono mentioned (since I recall he also owned this lens) but colour shift and falloff with the 12mm Voigtlander is different (see images below, M first then M9)
Will be interesting to see how future ultra-wide Leica lenses are designed.

Sharpness differences in the corners between the M9 and M240 is barely perceptible but I have to rule in favour of the M240 by a hair.

Noise in the corners at base ISO is also in favour of the M240 - falloff correction does add a bit with either camera, the nature of the beast.

It'll be a while until I can spend some serious time shooting with the camera, but when I can I promise to contribute more artistically to the thread :)
Thanks, Daniel. :)

It is a pity that the CV12 shows this much color shift. The CV15 will fare worse, I think.

Without liveview for non coded lenses, the camera is pretty much useless. Hope it gets corrected by a FW update.

May be they should reinstall Jono's firmware back?

Status
Not open for further replies.