The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
re: Fun with the New Leica M

M240 + 85mm CZ Sonar from the 1930s. At f1.5. Live view makes it possible to focus this lens, which is on an adapter for a Contax RF mount to Leica SM that doesn't couple with the RF accurately.

Mike Woods

My last images with the M9-P taken yesterday, as I now begin the wait for the new M...

First two were the 35 FLE, final two were uncropped with the 90-Elmarit:

Regards

Mike

D&A

This one!!!! wowowowowow! Awesome and so surreal. Love it!
At first glance, it almost reminded me of a little bit the Roman Colosseum in design. Hoping Jono could shed some light on my questions regarding these interesting structures, that I asked a number of posts "above".

Dave (D&A)

jonoslack

Jono, I know absolutely nothing about Toulus, but from the pictures they look fascinating, especially when shown in the daytime juxtaposed in what appears to be in a out in the farmland. Are they the equivalent of apartment type dwellings housed in the larger greater sized structure(s)? If so, the pic of what appears to be the stoned central court, apparently has a circular group of dwellings (apartments) too, that appear at first glace to possibly more costly or reserved for those who possibly have obtained a certain level of status or possibly income?

If some of my assumptions are correct, are Toulus or these structures supposed to contain tenants of the farming community, replacing scattered single house structures throughout the nearby countryside? Of course all of my assumptions may be wrong? Thanks for any insight to these.

Dave (D&A)
HI There Dave
These were first built by the Hakka people - the oldest one we visited was about 700 years old, but they've kept building them right up to the present.

Vivek pointed to a link:
Fujian Tulou, Secrets of the Fujian Tulou, CNTV English, CCTV News

The 'apartments' (mostly a single room) are around the outside, sometimes the tulous are two stories, but sometimes up to 5 - up to 800 people lived in them (it must have been hell!). The buildings in the middle are usually temples. Some of them have courtyards where people keep chickens etc.

Several of the ones we visited were still lived in, in a pretty rudimentary way,

We stayed in one which has been renovated (200 years old), it's a hostel/hotel, with nice simple rooms, and you eat in the courtyard - tough sensibilities were required, as there always seemed to be someone killing a chicken whilst you were eating :shocked:

There are apparently 30,000 of these structures (some round, some square). The story goes that when the Americans first started surveying China from spy planes they thought these were missile silos!

Here is the Wikipedia Article​

Paratom

Question: How you guys like the M240 color? I read WB on the warm side - I guess that means AWB ( Dont care much about AWB) . How when you do custom WB and how are the presets? How are skin tones?

D&A

Jomo,

Thanks ever so much for enlightening me on the history of the Toulus. I most certainly will follow the link Vivek provided. What I cannot wrap my head around is there are around 30,000 of them (supposedly all around China?)....unless they were build up to the recent present as apartment dwellings, much as we do hear in the west with our apartment high rises and thus are analogous with the. Fascinating and that's why I"d love to make a trip there. Thanks again!

Dave (D&A)

RF_Licks

Howdy folks, hope all is well with everyone here. Apologies as I have been away from this forum for sometime. Like Ajay, I had a UPS truck delivery last Sat.

Some initial shots. Ignore the aperture in exif. All shot wide open. LR4 is not picking up the correct aperture settings.

Joe

algrove

La Tour de France 2012-Just dug this one up going through some images. Better late than never. Sorry wrong thread -it isn't M, but an M9P.

View attachment 71099 Double click to view larger.

Last edited:

algrove

Dug this one up while looking at last year's images. Yes, I have thousands yet looked at. Good fun. La Tour de France 2012 comes to Paris for the last stage.

View attachment 71100 Double click to enlarge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.