The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
re: Fun with the New Leica M

I went out yesterday to Randall's Island with two bodies (an MM and an M) and three lenses, a 50 lux, a 35 lux fle and a 21 SEM. It was a gray day with a high bright sky, a poor day for landscape. I went intending to shoot mostly black and white but also got a couple of colors. I'm posting edited results in the following posts.

M240:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
re: Fun with the New Leica M

Some thoughts. Both cameras are wonderful. The M240 is delicious to shoot with. The MM's advantage in resolution is evident in the full-sized files. The MM's files are easier to work with if you want black and white - it was a fair amount of work in post to get decent B&W out of the M240 although I'm certain that as I gain experience with it and settle on a B&W workflow with some presets it will be easier.

Several hundred frames with no focus or exposure issues. It was easy moving back and forth and the technical stuff is second nature at this point.

Two bodies and three lenses look like my walk around kit for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.