The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogopix

Subscriber
re: Fun with the New Leica M

I won't bore everyone with them again, but I had changed the coloration in one to reduce the reds and oranges, but guess I picked the same one twice. Sorry.
Not at all the same. I see greatly desaturated red in the second, and seems brighter. The first looks more interesting although the second has more detail.

regards
Victor

baudolino

A few random pics from my trip to Malta this past week:

Azure Window, Gozo

Old house, Rabat

Peeling paint, old house in Rabat

Quiet street in Rabat

Dead lizard, the Limestone Heritage centre

Welcome to Cumberland Hotel, Valletta (maybe 50 years ago...)

Misrah Ir-Rebha square, Birgu (view from Cafe Brazil which serves the best coffee in Malta, I am not kidding, I had to return to this place before catching the return flight this afternoon)

Sweet life fishing in Sweethaven (give me another week in the sun...)

Couldn't resist this one (apologies for utter lack of photographic merit, but fellow Land Rover fans will understand)

I am linking these images to Flickr and they don't look as sharp here as when I view them in Lightroom. No idea why, but maybe someone could advise me how to make these look as sharp on Getdpi as they look in LR4. Perhaps it's the retina display to blame.. I don't know but too tired to investigate. Regards, Martin

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member

B&H reopened on Wednesday so a package came yesterday with my EVF (the olympus model) and a Novoflex R to M adapter. The Novoflex actually has flat spot with a white background where the six bit codes go. Does anyone know what code will be on the Leica adapter?

This opens up a world of possibilities. Let's start with the Leica R 280mm f4.0. This thing is monstrously big and heavy by M standards; I can't image what the 280mm f 2.0 is like weight-wise. The 280 f4.0 is a lovely lens - great three dimensional quality. It has a strong reputation; I bought it a while back in anticipation of the M and was excited to have a chance to use it. There's a little bit of red/green CA wide open but LR corrects it perfectly. LR by the way has lens profiles for the full range of R lenses.

Out my window:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member

The EVF is also a boon for old and odd lenses. I have a 1939 Karl Zeiss Jena 8.5 cm f1.5 and an "Orion" adapter that lets me mount it on the M body. The issue is focus - the lens links to the rangefinder but is wildly off in a non-linear way. the EVF to the rescue:

Hosermage

Martin, love the light on the second photo :) The lizard doesn't look so dead!

We finished this 3000-piece puzzle a while back... and finally got around to framing it today:

Speaking of lizard, this big guy was crawling on our screen door this afternoon:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

B&H reopened on Wednesday so a package came yesterday with my EVF (the olympus model) and a Novoflex R to M adapter. The Novoflex actually has flat spot with a white background where the six bit codes go. Does anyone know what code will be on the Leica adapter?
Woody,

Jono Slack mentioned something concerning a 28/90 code...I downloaded the Leica faq for their R-M adapter and wonder if there is a chip that recognizes the ROM in Leica R lenses as they state that it will recognize some 20 R lenses.

Not sure what all this means....

Bob

Godfrey

Ladies Day - Liverpool 2013

Cooking at the Olive - Liverpool 2013

Both with M9 + Nokton 50mm f/1.5.

Enjoy!

Duane Pandorf

Duane I'm not sure of the different versions but if this helps Elmarit 1:2.8/28 S/N3671347.
I haven't done it justice as I bought it to use on my M6 but it has been lying in a bag for years and is practically like new.
That's the e46 filter version IV latest version before the latest ASPH version. I've recently bought a used version and waiting to receive it.

algrove

OK, guys here's what I know about the Leica R-M adapter. I brings up the 28/90 frame lines. It is 6 bit coded. BBWBBB. I posted a photo of it while at Photokina. Once the camera detects the 28/90 and the 6 bit code then you can go to manual lens detection and there is a list to pick your lens from manually. Even if your lens is not on the list it will work fine. The 105-280 is not on the list, but look at the photo I started the R lenses on M thread with.

I have been using the Novoflex adapter until such time the Leica adapter becomes available. Accessories are beginning to trickle out as I was notified my extra M charger is being sent today. OK, I still only have one battery, but I always try to have backup chargers.

algrove

Further news tonight about R lenses working on the M.

Years ago Leica made an R-M adapter #22228/500934. It brings up 28/90 frame liens as was designed before 6 bit was introduced. Well a guy just manually with a Match Technical coder and a sharpie pen coded his 22228/500934 and when going to manual lens detection he was able to get the list of 20, R lenses to show up and he picked the one he was using.

This is great news. I had tried mine, but under position 5 there is a screw which must inhibit my camera from seeing it as an R-M adapter. I have another idea I will try tomorrow and report back if I succeed. All very promising-with old gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.