The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceh

During home bread baking...

MM,50 AA,f 2.0,1/15 sec.,ISO 10000

MM,50 AA,f 2.0,1/8 sec.,ISO 10000

jaree

M9 with Zeiss 50 Planar and 35 Summilux.

Grand Canyon - 1 sunrise and 3 sunset pictures. This was my first visit to this part of the country. I have seen my fair share of the North American landscape, but this was jaw-dropping to see in person. I was visiting there with my two German friends who were equally stunned.

The logistics inside the Grand Canyon Village are very impressive, with free shuttle buses running from 4:30AM till one hour after sunset, restrooms, water stations, etc. A bargain for $25 per car entrance fee, valid for a week. Truly a national treasure that I would gladly have my tax dollars spent on.

During the day, I met a gentleman who said he has stopped taking pictures of the Canyon as it is futile to capture its beauty and scale in photos. I agree. These pictures below don't do justice, but I will attempt anyway!

For the shot below, we reached this point at 4:30AM (!) to stake it out. Needless to say it was darker than dark if you are used to the usual "city darkness" and flashlights came in handy. And cold. Went back to the car to warm up until 5:15am or so and came back again. The early morning glow brought the mysterious shapes to life.

Grand Canyon Mather Point Sunrise by brownxy, on Flickr

Next three: Hopi Point, a popular spot for sunset. The fading light lit up the unforgiving terrain with strange hues and I found it rewarding to step away from the crowds and try different vantage points. One really needs a 200mm lens here for better perspective compression.

Grand Canyon Hopi Point Sunset by brownxy, on Flickr

Hosermage

Jaree, I was fortunate enough to made the trek down into the canyons almost 10 years ago. There is much more beauty to be seen below. Highly recommended to anyone who can find the time and physical strength. My only regret is that I wasn't into photography back then to take some nice photos.

rayyan

Thank you all very much for the ' likes', much appreciated. :salute:

Living in the desert, we appreciate things that might be very common elsewhere.
The trees, seas and the ocean, the 4 seasons, and for my wife and me specially the snow capped peaks of the mountain ranges.

The mountains do really beckon the two of us...

V

Vivek

Living in the desert, we appreciate things that might be very common elsewhere.
The trees, seas and the ocean, the 4 seasons, and for my wife and me specially the snow capped peaks of the mountain ranges.
While I appreciate that longing, I am left to wonder who is going to show us the desert and the people living there!

Hope you are recovering well, Rayyan! :)

rayyan

While I appreciate that longing, I am left to wonder who is going to show us the desert and the people living there!

Hope you are recovering well, Rayyan! :)

Many thanks to you guys for the ' likes '.

Vivek, you raise a valid point.

How about a traveler from abroad?. In lieu of that, you guys are always welcome
To share my humble abode...

From an escarpment in the desert looking down on a oasis settlement.
( non-M image ).

Every medical person tells me that one feels much better after CABG. I have yet to find that exhilaration they speak of. But it is early days, and they seem to be comfortable with the progress I am making. Thanks for asking.

seakayaker

Every medical person tells me that one feels much better after CABG. I have yet to find that exhilaration they speak of. But it is early days, and they seem to be comfortable with the progress I am making. ...
Sending along a good thought and a prayer that you have a successful recovery from the surgery and soon have that exhilaration feeling!

ced

Enjoy the images posted the last 2 weeks and thanks to those for sharing some great pics.
Flowers with M9-135 Tele-Elmar the 2nd. M9-28 Elmarit

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Haven't been here in a while; but, I've enjoyed looking. Here's a few with an MM, 50mm f/1.4, taken at the Pike Place Market.

Cheers, Matt

ced

Ceh where in your country is this favoured spot located, it inspires you for some great images! Always look forward to new takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.