The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashley

Subscriber Member
re: Fun with the New Leica M

Some with M240 and 50 Lux, shot in Brighton ... scene of an expedition with Mr. Slack in 2007, both of us then clutching our new M8s...

Tim

Nice posting, BUT...I'm confused. Are these Leica M [240] shots? or M8s?

Actually, my guess in that they are M; they don't look like either the M8 or M9.
what do you use to process?

Thx and regards
Victor
Thanks Victor - they are from an M240 and they are processed in LR 4.4 using the Adobe Standard calibration and in the second one, some local adjustments to the faces.

D&A

Wife and Daughter at the base of chichen itza..windy day w/dirty sensor after one lens change.

**just noticed i was posting overly large images my apologies! I will go back and edit this weekend again sorry honest mistake

L1009948-Edit.jpg by [email protected], on Flickr
There is something very powerful and a bit surreal about this image (which translates to nicely done!). I think it's the combination of the low angle, looking up at both your wife and daughter with the large looming chichen itza behind them with a dark ominous tone to the pic. To add to this, your wife looks to be braving the elements and at the same time carefully protecting your daughter. All combine to make a very interesting and powerful image.

Dave (D&A)

emaxxx

Thanks Victor - they are from an M240 and they are processed in LR 4.4 using the Adobe Standard calibration and in the second one, some local adjustments to the faces.
Nice colors, quite different from the m9 but maybe more accurate... Tim what do you think?

tashley

Subscriber Member

I think the colours are just different, not quite better or worse. I do struggle a bit with auto WB on the M240 and hope that it improves over time but the new Adobe Standard has given me the best results so far, especially with warm yellows, which can often be too mustardy in the embedded profile (which to me looks like it has been made with an Xrite colour checker!) and too lemony in Capture One. But the reds are still a bit odd and skin tones sometimes a bit... surprising.

Photojazz

Jeff, I love the photo looking up at your wife and daughter. A great capture.

I think part of why I struggled to load the page yesterday was I had a download going in the background maybe. I forgot about that too. LR 4.4 Easy mistake on loading large images, can happen to anybody.

I have a question.

Is this actually the Fun with M240 thread? It's confusing to someone that's been away for a while, to see Fun with the Leica M vs Fun with digital M images, (or whatever it's called). Do you see how this could be confusing?

I suggest putting 240 in the title if this is the 240 thread. I would not have went off on my M8/M9 thread idea if it had been clearer. :)

Last edited:

Photojazz

when I suggested a new thread, I did not see this thread. Was it slipped to page two or something? All I saw was the other thread. with all the M240 images.

Hosermage

My son got a new toy this afternoon... It's a hand-me-down truck, but I don't think he can love it any more even if it was new.

Now he thinks he's a badass...

rayyan

Reworked...

Epson has recently opened a major distribution center, not far from my home.
Shall see what printers they have and the warranty on them.

jonoslack

Is this actually the Fun with M240 thread? It's confusing to someone that's been away for a while, to see Fun with the Leica M vs Fun with digital M images, (or whatever it's called). Do you see how this could be confusing?

I suggest putting 240 in the title if this is the 240 thread. I would not have went off on my M8/M9 thread idea if it had been clearer. :)
HI There - yes, it is for the new camera - my fault I'm afraid, but I'm not quite sure how to change it now (I rather dislike the 240 add on, so I missed it out).

All the best

jonoslack

Some with M240 and 50 Lux, shot in Brighton ... scene of an expedition with Mr. Slack in 2007, both of us then clutching our new M8s...
Hi Tim
What fun - maybe we should meet there again - as I remember it was a chilly November day with not much going on.

Nice Shots
All the best

jonoslack

Here are a couple of shots with other lenses:

Robin with 80-200 f4

Milo under the Cherry Tree with Contax Zeiss 28-85

tashley

Subscriber Member

Hi Tim
What fun - maybe we should meet there again - as I remember it was a chilly November day with not much going on.

Nice Shots
All the best
We should indeed - it was incredibly busy there on Saturday even though (despite the blue sky) it was quite chilly!

Photojazz

Jono (is that what you go by?) An admin can edit the thread and put M 240 in the title, since they apparently lock our edit ability out after so many hours. (I never liked that myself) I think the creator of a thread should always be able to edit it. But that's my forum administrator in me talking. I run a forum on home theater... htguide.com We have always allowed people to edit their own threads, and it's never caused a major issue.

Photojazz

An older contribution of mine, in case I never shared this one... It's similar to the other shot I put in that thread I started... M9/24mm Lux

Last edited:

jonoslack

Jono (is that what you go by?) An admin can edit the thread and put M 240 in the title, since they apparently lock our edit ability out after so many hours. (I never liked that myself) I think the creator of a thread should always be able to edit it. But that's my forum administrator in me talking. I run a forum on home theater... htguide.com We have always allowed people to edit their own threads, and it's never caused a major issue.
HI There Doug
I realise I could ask - but I'm still not certain that I want to. . . . I'll think about it!

all the best

Status
Not open for further replies.