The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceh

Some more contributions and this thread total reaches 10K. Thanks to all for sharing of your images.:)
Wish you all good luck and many opportunities for taking photos in the future.
:salute:

MM,50AA

dude163

Great stuff gang, Im back after not shooting much for a few weeks , been busy with Real Life (tm)

I taught my youngest to ride a bicycle last week and the weather hit a sultry 17C today, so here you go, yes i was lying on teh ground for some shots :)

try taking a shot of my pale daughter while she is wearing a white top in direct sunlight, at f2! 1/8000 kept flashing as it wanted 1/16000! lol

Photojazz

Innaugural shot from my new 35mm 1.4 Lux. Ok, it's the first shot I would show anyway... Photo of my wild/native dogwood tree at back of my property.

M9 35mm lux @ 1.4 Aperture priority

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Re: Fun with the New Leica M

Woody,

I like it, but what am I looking at? ;)

Joe
A brass thing. Carefully and lovingly polished. Bolted to the sidewalk near a building in New York. Looks like a vent of some sort. You see these things around but I'm not certain what purpose they serve.

unclearconcept

A few from this weekend. Trying to get out more, but at least there's the good ole annual trip!

Saw your Dogwood Photojazz and had to add my own :)

Edit: Pretty sure these are all 35mm @ F4

Peter Klein

Woody, if I remember correctly, your DR was modified to be usable on newer M cameras, right? I hope I'm wrong, it would be awesome if the new M is compatible with the 50'Cron DR without any modification.
David: I don't know for sure if the new M is compatible with the unmodified DR Summicron, but I doubt it. Unless they enlarged the camera's "throat" between the lens and the sensor, the close focus part of the dual-range focus cam hits something when you mount the lens. I doubt that there is more room inside the M 240 than in previous models.

The good news is that DAG can grind the close focus part of the focus cam off for you. Then the lens will fit any digital M-mount camera, and the normal focus range will work as it should. I had this done, and no regrets. A "violated" lens I can use is better than a "pure" lens I can't use.

The close focus range will still work on (for example) a micro 4/3 camera, or with live view on the new M. Just not with the RF.

--Peter

Hosermage

Hey, there's not much to shoot in the yard. ;)
Ha, completely understand :) People seems to have suffered through my backyard pics and survived :p

Saturday night, went to the city sponsored spring festival/carnival. I tried to catch some "action" shots:

From my previous failed attempts of capturing fireworks, I've learned that sometime they make nice looking bokehs:

A slight tweak in the "clarity" slider in Lightroom really brings out their definitions.

Photojazz

David, fun images there. I came home after driving a ways to pick up my lens from Fed Ex, mowed grass, and took a few quick snaps, not a lot of time. But the dogwood one at least gives me a taste of what it's capable of. Very nice indeed. It will be a dream lens I am sure. Between this and my 24 lux, I now only have one major gap in my walk around photography, that's a 50 lux someday. I have a nice older version 90, so that's about all I need for Leica I think. I have longer stuff covered in Nikon.

I almost bought a 50mm too, but I hated to drop 9K right now. That's a chunk of change.

D&A

Great shots all! My M(240) is on the way back to Solms for the lug fix. I'm sure many of you posting here are affected as well.

One reason I am enjoying the M is shooting wide lenses with the EVF. Although there is a delay, it does help with accurate framing. Some pics with the Voigtlander 21 Ultron.

Joe

Wow Joe....your cute little one is already documenting "his" Dept. of Transportation" with the M240. I'm curious though of the gold color lens he's selected to use on his camera? :) Looks like though there's some rebuilding of the highway infrastructure that's going to be required to get the job done but otherwise he looks like he's having a blast photographing! Anyhow, as they say, it can never be too early to start the little ones on a Leica rangefinder...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

A brass thing. Carefully and lovingly polished. Bolted to the sidewalk near a building in New York. Looks like a vent of some sort. You see these things around but I'm not certain what purpose they serve.
At first glance it reminded me of a 1950's radio/television microphone. Quite interesting!

Dave (D&A)

rayyan

Ah! The joys of travel...the sea, the salt, the sails, the waves, the sound of the gulls...yes..the joys of travel indeed.

rayyan

And yes, the quiet, the serenity!! Joys of travel!!

p.s. forgot the most important info. To paraphrase, the camera and not the photo..M8, cron 35 Asph.

kinok1

Something looks very very wrong with almost every shot I've seen from this camera in the way it deals with skin tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.