The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Vivek, that second photo of the dogs and their look....simply priceless!

Agree, the joy on those kids faces at the birthday party is what life is all about....pure happiness!

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

Vivek, that second photo of the dogs and their look....simply priceless!

Dave (D&A)
I have many candidate titles for those shots- Henry and Dogging being one.
When I replace the ricketty old Rokkor with a Summcron 28, it will all be dogs and boket. :D

Thanks, Dave and also for getting the name right this time. :)

dude163

Thanks all

ceh: Yes all I did for B+W was click the B+W button in lightroom, i didnt use any other sliders for my normal conversion

re: Joy, yes the leica is great for the stealthy approach, a pal has a canon eos 7 and it sounds like an AK 47 CLACK CLACK CLACK zzzzz CLACK CLACK CLACK

re: poor mans leica : saying you can get an M8 for about 1500 that is cheap for what you get , its barely more than an x100 and less than a 7D canon . However thats used M8 vs NEW others

I hate the term dentist camera, I prefer Air traffic controllers camera :)

V

Vivek

Thanks all

ceh: Yes all I did for B+W was click the B+W button in lightroom, i didnt use any other sliders for my normal conversion

re: Joy, yes the leica is great for the stealthy approach, a pal has a canon eos 7 and it sounds like an AK 47 CLACK CLACK CLACK zzzzz CLACK CLACK CLACK

re: poor mans leica : saying you can get an M8 for about 1500 that is cheap for what you get , its barely more than an x100 and less than a 7D canon . However thats used M8 vs NEW others

I hate the term dentist camera, I prefer Air traffic controllers camera :)
You have to justify your ownership and usage? OK. :)

But the dentist camera sticks. :D

V

Vivek

Go easy on a noob, will ya, Mikal? :)

I am still working on it. First our own kind.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Those tiny dogs need a better, faster focusing zoom.

BTW, Mikal, I found a gorgeous sample of the 10.5cm PC Nikkor. :)

algrove

Re: Fun with the New Leica M

Very nice and atmospheric shot, kudos!
I once went for lunch on the last of the dry tortugas, at the house of an elderly, interesting man who had a sort of expensive shack on it for weekend parties. I think it was the actual southernmost house in the USA... a strange, interesting and slightly odd place.
Thanks Tim as that really means something coming from you. I have many more to post, but most will go to the thread R lenses on M as I found the 15/2.8 very nice on the M. I have one other taken with the APO 50, but it's not quite ready yet.

D&A

Re: Fun with the New Leica M

It's interesting how many of these period era forts have similar structures, especially the lower level catacombs arranged brick interiors. Reminds me of Fort Washington here on the Potomac River downstream from Wash. D.C. and a delight in spending a day to photograph. Built in 1809, it played a roll in both defending Wash. D.C in war of 1812 and also as a training site for the military through WWII. It's drawbridge type entryway and massive double wood doors are a hallmark.

Don't recall if I photographed it previously with the Leica M8 (if so, I'll see if I have any images), but do recall documenting the structure with Pentax 6x7/film. Sometimes its worth waiting till the light down below is "just right" as shown in Lou's image "above".

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

rayyan

Time for another story...

Narrated by the cron 28 asph..

They brought me up here; from the desert to here..imagine! I was wrapped up nice though.

Early morning, I peeked outside my window..Nice. Sunshine. His hands were not shaking, so it had to be a sunny day!!

I had told them, no sharpening today; I don't need it..

Watched them gobble the breakfast, and we were off. Across the plains..

I heard them say that we were hiking down to a village; a village with more people! I was getting a bit lonely up here, population 25. On a weekday!!

It was a fairly brisk walk, I was jolted a few times..after about 3 hours we reached the said village.

Problem! I am not good at portraits; but I had to oblige the lady. The old man is grumpy, but the lady..couldn't let her down..

The man just kept on eating..as if there would be no tomorrow.
Then I heard them discussing the way back. Up. Up. Very up it was.

Take the train, said the old man. I was relieved.
But it was a Sunday!! A train to a village up, up; I mean up with only about 15 people..

Our trains always run. On time. Like clockwork. Always, said the owner of the
restaurant proudly. Suisse Bahn.

He was right. The trains run like clockwork. We climbed on one. One carriage
only. Three passengers--him, her, and the train driver.

I sat next to the driver. Nice guy. The old man sat next to him and started to talk and take pictures...

The rail gauge would change shortly. We were climbing. I mean climbing folks..

The old man was jumping to one side and then the other. The lady sat quietly,
watching the scenery and her old man jumping up and down with me in his hands.

We were arriving at last.

You did well 28!! She whispered. She should know, I was with her all the time.
Glued to her. The M8 I mean.

With you alongside, I said to the M8, anyone would do good.

You do know how to please a girl, said the M8. I snuggled closer to her.

Time to step down from the train. The old man and his lady stepped down. Thanked the train driver. Shook his hand.

I felt M8 push me slightly. I liked it.

Lloyd

Another great story, Rayyan. Thank the 28 cron for us. ;)

And... beautiful scenery. Especially that third shot. :thumbup:

dude163

Something a tad different , my dad took these 2 with his ancient 2002 Digilux1 :)

the camera seems to like using sharpening when it takes JPGs , but its only 4 Megapixel....

Status
Not open for further replies.