The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAlKhamis

Just a note here, whether you shot with M8, 9, or type 240, it won't make a difference and it won't significantly elevate your photography, a true photographer can shot with any thing and still produce stunning pictures !

More and more from the amazing city of Madrid, Spain with M9 and 50cron :)

A baby ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

A painter moment by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

A smoke and a gaze by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Don't ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

A painter by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

What ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Lloyd

I agree, Mohammad. But that notwithstanding, that M9, 50 Cron combo is magic in your hands! :thumbup:

BTW, which version of the Cron is that?

ashwinrao1

Great shots, everyone. It's been a while since I have had a chance to post on this thread, as the MM has sucked up my attention. It's great to see a wide variety of work from all of the talented folks on the board...

Some color shots with the W Nikkor 3.5 cm f/1.8 LTM on the M9P. Taken at the end of Golden Hour at (appropriately) Golden Gardens Beach in Seattle....the conclusion to a lovely day, spent together with my darling Jenn :)

m_driscoll

Well, having owned both M8 and M9 cameras, I mite have to take issue with there not being a poor man's Leica. I've moved onto shooting a Fuji X-E1. I find it better in almost every regard save for the difference in falloff between an APS-C and a full frame sized sensor. I can't get that full frame shallow depth of field with my Fuji, but in every other regard this little thing kicks even my M9's ***. At 10% of the cost, once you factor in the equivalent focal length lens.

Both cameras are fast, the Fuji is almost silent, both make great prints, edge in color goes to Fuji, high ISO the Fuji is way better, and both have great ergonomics for the kind of documentary/street shooting I do. Leica lenses work well on both, but the EVF on the Fuji is way better to focus with in low light, which is where I spend most of my time. Is it a poor man's Leica? Nope, it doesn't have the Leica brand. But it doesn't give up much of anything else that helps great photographers create great photographs!
Chuck: I've been toying with the idea of getting an M8, again, while I wait for my turn with an 'M'. I'm getting a Fuji X-E1 tomorrow instead. Superb IQ, high ISO performance, 1/2 the price of a used M8, great ergonomics, and no d*** optical viewfinder! :) Pretty much as you said, above (except for that heresy about the M9 :shocked:). Also, picked up a X100s to go with my X20 (some kind of trend?).

Eventually, I'll get the Leica and be able to post a photo, or two, here. In the meantime, I'm enjoying everybody else's great work.

Cheers, Matt

V

Vivek

Are you sure he was noticing your Leica or instead wondering if you're noticing him unlocking someone else's bike...LOL!

Dave (D&A)
End of a hard day's work (that too a Friday) and he was going home. Glad I could get a shot without trouble. Nothing more.

xdayv

Some color shots with the W Nikkor 3.5 cm f/1.8 LTM on the M9P. Taken at the end of Golden Hour at (appropriately) Golden Gardens Beach in Seattle....the conclusion to a lovely day, spent together with my darling Jenn :)
What more can get lovelier thaN this? ^^

wosim

The girl with the broken nose - seen on Munich's famous market "Auer Dult" along with those other boys and girls ...;)

all with Leica M9 and Summilux-M 1.4 50mm Asph.

and their children ...

RF_Licks

Re: Fun with the New Leica M

I love that shot - the combination of extra wide FOV and really good pop from shallow DOF is quite unusual and makes that lens look very attractive - do you have any comments on usability? Such as how you either code it ir what you tell the camera it is? And how well the camera deals with colour shifts?

Thanks for sharing!
Tim
Thanks Tim, Its quite a remarkable lens by Voigtlander standards. It balances nicely on the M and doesn't feel too front heavy. Its sharp enough at f/1.8 and sharpens up even more when stopped down to f/4 or f/5.6. Not 21SEM sharp but quite close, but with slightly less micro contrast. Very little distortion (others have reported as almost negligible). And here's the secret for M240 users, there is zero color shift (at least on my copy) :) Initially coded it as Elmarit 21 pre-ASPH and on a few occasions I accidently left it uncoded, and no color shifts.

Definitely worth a try if you don't already have the 21Lux.

Joe

RF_Licks

For those who may be interested in the 21Ultron, here are some sample pics at various subject distances for comparison (I apologize for lack of interesting subject matter). The 3rd and 4th shots are at approx 0.7 and 0.5m MFD respectively The vignetting on #2,3 & 4 were added in. I did not see any noticeable color cast. Not sure how the new microlenses work because when I tried my copy of the ZM21 f/2.8 Biogon on the M240, magenta/reddish color cast was noticeable on the right edge.

Joe

woodyspedden

Wow

Up there with the best color I have seen from the new M240

If this is indicative I can't wait for mine to come in

Woody

Photojazz

Wolfgang, you may have overprocessed your model's skin a little bit. They sort of come off a little plastic looking. I am sure only a minor mod will be necessary to clean that up. ;)

nice "still life".

D&A

End of a hard day's work (that too a Friday) and he was going home. Glad I could get a shot without trouble. Nothing more.
Vivek, I was of course kidding when I commented about the guy unlocking the bicycle.

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

Dave, I do not have any problems (about kidding, criticism, etc) with me who snaps the photos. The human subjects are off limits to that. :)

mAlKhamis

I agree, Mohammad. But that notwithstanding, that M9, 50 Cron combo is magic in your hands! :thumbup:

BTW, which version of the Cron is that?
:D Thank you so much Lloyd, i'm so overwhelmed with you kind words my friend, and as for your question, its the latest version of the 50 cron :)

m_driscoll

I don't think I've previously posted these? My apologies if I did. Leica MM and Super-Elmar-M 21mm f/3.4 ASPH (Gotta love those lens names! Kind of rolls off the tongue :))

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.