The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Leica MM, Elmar 90/4, Nettle leaf
What I really love about the image is the subtle textures of the elements and how they are deliniated from one another. The wood presents stridations of straight lines, while the leave not only resents curvature of its basic structure but of the small pattern thats contaiend within. but feeling is this image wouldn't work as well in color and presenting it in B&W forces the viewer to focus on textures and shapes rather than color too.

Dave (D&A)

dude163

Hi all, been busy with birthday parties and mothers day, here is a quick repost of one image and the opposite side of the same shot :)

My dad took this of me using his Digilux 1

I took this of him using my M8 :)

dude163

Here are my 2 daughters :

and my sister who will kill me for sneaking in this shot, the ice cream cake was GOOD Nom Nom Nom indeed!

dude163

However, today I went to my parents place to drop off a present and to also take a nice shot of my mom as she always says she looks terrible in pics, just to show that my poor sister does goofy stuff because of genetics, this is my mom after me asking her to

"act natural"

and after she had relaxed a bit and trusted me because I told her i could make her look nice with photoshop , truth is, this is minimal processing just an off camera flash and a rigid cron 50 :)

my apologies for the triple post, just wanted to break them up with their respective bac stories , hope you all had a great weekend!!

Robert

edwardkaraa

Re: Fun with the New Leica M

Great photos everyone! So what was wrong with the M color? I see beautiful skin tones and wonderful colors overall. The temptation to pre-order one is getting stronger day after day. Let's see how strong is my will power :D

leicashot

Great photos everyone! So what was wrong with the M color? I see beautiful skin tones and wonderful colors overall. The temptation to pre-order one is getting stronger day after day. Let's see how strong is my will power :D
Hi Edward, there is nothing wrong with the way the CMOS sensor and it's color rendition. The issue lies in white balance in two ways:
1. AWB is inconsistent, especially inside using artificial light.
2. Presets are slightly off, where the colors are a bit too yellow and magenta.

Once those are corrected with firmware the out of camera colors will easily be as good as, or better than the M9. All it means is that current users are required to put in a little more time in some situations to adjust the white balance in post production. Within 10 seconds I can get an M240 file looking identical to the M9 file.....I demonstrate this in my review.

Leica M (typ 240) Field Test and Review — Kristian Dowling

D&A

Kristian, first off an absolutely lovely and very attractive portrait in a variety of ways...regardless of camera used. Interesting comments and experience regarding the M240 AWB inconsistency indoors with artificial lighting since full rez files I had a chance to work with taken in outdoors bright overhead sunlight also had a strong bias of too much yellow and magenta at times...which could easily be seen in skin tones.

As an aside, I hope you received the message I sent to you through your website. Brilliant work as always!

Dave (D&A)

edwardkaraa

Hi Edward, there is nothing wrong with the way the CMOS sensor and it's color rendition. The issue lies in white balance in two ways:
1. AWB is inconsistent, especially inside using artificial light.
2. Presets are slightly off, where the colors are a bit too yellow and magenta.

Once those are corrected with firmware the out of camera colors will easily be as good as, or better than the M9. All it means is that current users are required to put in a little more time in some situations to adjust the white balance in post production. Within 10 seconds I can get an M240 file looking identical to the M9 file.....I demonstrate this in my review.

Leica M (typ 240) Field Test and Review — Kristian Dowling
Hi Kristian! I already read your great review, and I am very convinced with the pictures you showed demonstrating how you can make the M files look identical to the M9. Very nice photos too, also the ones on the Leicahub page!

V

Vivek

The photo is lovely but the colors are all over the place. Look at the shoulder strap. The front is white and the back, green. The DSLRs are way more advanced for this type of captures and are way cheaper as well.

bcambern

I love that shot - the combination of extra wide FOV and really good pop from shallow DOF is quite unusual and makes that lens look very attractive - do you have any comments on usability? Such as how you either code it ir what you tell the camera it is? And how well the camera deals with colour shifts?

Thanks for sharing!
Tim
Tim,

Steve Huff just posted his review of the lens in case you are interested:

The Voigtlander 21 1.8 Lens Review by Steve Huff | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

Status
Not open for further replies.