The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Wonderful posts in the last few days! :thumbs:

Thank you friends for the ' likes '.

Considered in certain parts of the world to be a masterpiece of architectural design...I agree with that sentiment.

Hosermage

Sitting here in the jury assembly room... they have surprisingly fast connection! Continuing my experiment with a single lens in Disneyland, here's some with the 50'Lux.

Peter Klein

Re: Fun with the New Leica M

Hi Edward, there is nothing wrong with the way the CMOS sensor and it's color rendition. The issue lies in white balance in two ways:
1. AWB is inconsistent, especially inside using artificial light.
2. Presets are slightly off, where the colors are a bit too yellow and magenta.

Once those are corrected with firmware the out of camera colors will easily be as good as, or better than the M9. All it means is that current users are required to put in a little more time in some situations to adjust the white balance in post production. Within 10 seconds I can get an M240 file looking identical to the M9 file.....I demonstrate this in my review.

Leica M (typ 240) Field Test and Review — Kristian Dowling
Kristian, check your Web site. I'm getting a failure to connect on this link. When I go to the IP address it pings to, I get "Website expired."

--Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.