The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

" On the meeting point of two worlds, the ornament of Turkish homeland, the treasure of Turkish history, the city cherished by the Turkish nation, İstanbul, has its place in the hearts of all citizens. ". Kamal Ataturk.

Carl, erudolph; grateful for your ' likes '.

rayyan

" People were right when they say there is no other place on earth as beautiful looking as Istanbul. " Chateaubriand.

rayyan

" Istanbul, a universal beauty where poet and archeologist, diplomat and merchant, princess and sailor, northerner and westerner screams with same admiration. The whole world thinks that this city is the most beautiful place on earth. ". Edmondo De Amicis

The first stop in the East of the Orient Express. Or the last stop from the West of the Orient Express. Either way..Istanbul Rail Station.

ced

Rayyan a very nice bunch from Istanbul and have many fond memories of my visits there, well done and thanks for posting!

Amin

Didn't realize you were a M user as well Amin.
I'm a pretty recent one. Picked up the M8 when they hit my budget range ($1500), and then picked up the M9 after the M8 made me rethink the budget. Didn't think I'd use or enjoy an M this much, but I was wrong.

HI Amin
They're both great, but I especially love the one of your lad with the iPad - excellent.
Big plus one from me. Love that one.
Many thanks, Jono & Lloyd :)

iiiNelson

I'm a pretty recent one. Picked up the M8 when they hit my budget range ($1500), and then picked up the M9 after the M8 made me rethink the budget. Didn't think I'd use or enjoy an M this much, but I was wrong.

Many thanks, Jono & Lloyd :)
I agree... I tried to use every cheaper option available to make me NOT want an M. When I finally bought my first M9 it I knew it was what I had been wanting in operation of the "perfect" camera for me.

m_driscoll

" Istanbul, a universal beauty where poet and archeologist, diplomat and merchant, princess and sailor, northerner and westerner screams with same admiration. The whole world thinks that this city is the most beautiful place on earth. ". Edmondo De Amicis

The first stop in the East of the Orient Express. Or the last stop from the West of the Orient Express. Either way..Istanbul Rail Station.
Rayyan: Beautiful photos and great extending quotes. :)

Cheers, Matt

V

Vivek

HI Lloyd
I'm selling mine - the IQ was great, but it doesn't really feel like a camera, so instead I'm playing with a Fuji X20 (like Matt). The jury is still out!

all the best
Not a great sales pitch at all, Jono. :p

The iPhone-5 and the Google glasses also will not look or feel like a camera. What should I do now? :confused:

rayyan

My sentiments as well. Great shots and wonderful post processing. A real timeless quality to these, Rayyan. BTW, how is the recovery coming?

Lloyd, raring to go my friend. But then again, the legs want to sit on a desk!!
Had a check-up a couple of days ago. No swimming, no driving, short airline flights..till they check me again in a month's time.

And not much of the up and down or down and motion motions either!!:D

The plumbing is excellent, though.

Best to you and yours.

rayyan

Friend's I am truly grateful to all of you for taking the time to stop by and ' liking ' my posts. Sincere thanks to you all.:salute:

Let's go west some...a place Ayesha and I love..

I came up here via cable car. The climb starts from here. Ayesha continued up, on foot.

I looked around for something to photograph..till I got tired and took a cable car down!! Very tiring day.

All these are with my M8 and the cron 75. Looking back, I honestly wonder if any camera would allow me better photos..for my purpose. A3 is the max I generally print. I have gone to A2 on a few occasions. They are on my wall.

Can't explain it, but I instinctively know when I have a keeper with my M8.
Strange. Don't have it with other cams..even to this day.

rayyan

Rayyan,

Hope you recover from whatever it is that ails you. Keep going through your archives and posting more photos for us to enjoy.
Thanks Mikal. Your encouragement is much appreciated.

And so is that of all the others on this forum.

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.