The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Re: Fun with the New Leica M

Gentlemen: Thanks! Just brought it home a couple of hours ago. It's a heavy beast.

Here's the first out of the box, OOC, jpegs. Imported into LR4 and uploaded to Zenfolio. No other action. I like what I see, so far. Firmware 1.1.0.2.

Cheers, Matt
Matt,

Congrats on the new M240 purchase, enjoy....but I already see a color issue. Man look at that gentleman's glasses. Camera turned the glass all orangy-red. :)

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Yes but on Lightroom 4, it is predicting aperture all over the place, especially when shot wide open. For instance, on a f/1.4 or f/2 shot, it often shows an aperture of f/11 or f/16 and this is quite frequent. Not sure if anyone knows of a fix for LR?

Joe
Some have posted that Lightroom reads the 6 bit code of the 0.95 Noct as a1.2 or 1.4. lens. I wonder why it reports the lens as such, when it's simply reading the Leica code....unless it was transcribed wrong for this lens?

Dave (D&A)

Hosermage

Not sure if you guys are tired of Disney pictures yet... hopefully these have something different to offer... floor shots :D

and this one pretty much shot from the floor, zone-focused:

V

Vivek

Zone focusing is not an art. It is easier than anything else *if* you can feel your lens/cam combo. Shoot with that feeling and definitely not with the hip. ;)

From a few hours ago.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Leica MM, M Rokkor 28/2.8, The Hague

gogopix

Subscriber
Victor that is interesting, so it is the quite large 21mm Contax Yashica Zeiss Distagon?

I'd love to see an image of the coupled adapter :)
I'll get a couple (pun intended! :) ) of pix this weekend. It works quite well. I have had it for years through several M lenses, but never mounted it.
You use the adapter ring to RF focus, however the image isnt necessarily in focus till you match the distance setting on the lens to the adapter mark. just waht the Alpa system does with a laser ranger.

TMI? :) but you may have seen other adapters like this. Not as acurate as a sliding back but a good way to cross platform focus a lens.

regards
Victor

Gary Clennan

Thanks Dave! I skipped a generation and went from M8 to M240. There is a huge difference in every way between these two camera's. Pretty much everything is an improvement. I am so happy I made the switch and the M240 is an amazing camera. Are you thinking of picking one up?

xdayv

Thanks Dave! I skipped a generation and went from M8 to M240. There is a huge difference in every way between these two camera's. Pretty much everything is an improvement. I am so happy I made the switch and the M240 is an amazing camera. Are you thinking of picking one up?
Glad it works well for you... no plans yet. :D

D&A

Ashwin, a very impressive collection of images with #'s 2,4,5,7 as standouts in my opinion....but #5 is superb! No dount you're having a blast! :)

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.