The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photojazz

esmallits, have you tried processing in Silver Efex Pro II?

David, bummer on the bad news! Nice that you have it covered already, way to anticipate.

Last edited:

mAlKhamis

Mohammad, there was a guy on America's Got Talent that did this thing by himself, sitting up in the air suspended by a cane, it was weird. I am still not quite sure how he did that. It was pretty freaky. He's going to Vegas, somehow, with this one trick. It was impressive, yes, but America's most talented? I don't think so.
Like you said its a trick and for every trick there is an explanation, and come on its just a simple levitation, its not like Vodo or dark magic trick :confused: ! and yes it's not a talent at all :D cheers buddy !

JPL

Hello
Sun is finally comming out more often here... time to dig out the M9 again and give the MM a short rest (very short :)

Both with 28 Summicron

All the best...
JPH

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the New Leica M

Kurt, in your 4th (next to last shot), look at the progression of people pictured on the side of the bus. On the left you have a youthful boy and girl who look like a young couple (together) and then the young girl looking straight ahead with the buy on the strrt next to her (picture) as though they are a couple. Very effective and nicely captured. I almost wish the older woman walking in the opposite direction next to the bus, wasn't part of this image.

As an aside, have you returned to using the new M?

Dave (D&A)
Thanks Dave.

I have started shooting with the M. Previously I had only used the camera for a day thanks to a kind friend. The timing of the receipt of the camera worked out well as I needed to send in my MM in for service.

My long thread on the other forum on the question of color was in response to the images that I was seeing on my screen. It might've rubbed a few people the wrong way but by the end of the thread I believe that a few others echoed my thoughts that an updated profile for programs like Lightroom would be helpful. I'm still hoping that a tweaked profile will be released.

In the meanwhile, I'm enjoying the M. I'm most pleased with the higher ISO, the increased dynamic range and the multi-field exposure setting. All are a big help to how I like to shoot. I've had a few lock-ups ... but I think that may be a battery specific problem as it has only happened with one of my two batteries.

Now it's just about learning how to see in color again. :D

D&A

Re: Fun with the New Leica M

Hi Kurt.

Thanks ever so much for sharing your thoughts regarding the new M. I appreciated it when you expressed your concerns regarding color when you shot with your friends "M" a while back and now once again after use with your own personal "M" camera at present. At the time of your earlier posting on the other forum, I too had the chance to work with many full rez "M" RAW files, kindly supplied and had similar impressions and concerns of the quality of its RAW output. I believe when someone is willing to share their honest assessment, whether it be good, bad or indifferent, it's an important contribution that should be respected and judged on it's own merit and discussed in a respectful way. This can only benefit and enhance our understanding of the positives and negatives of newly released equipment. I too hope that through updated Lightroom Profiles and/or firmware camera updates, that the new "M" and it's output continues to improve.

With that said, I apologize for my incorrect explanation of the attributes of your excellent image above (#5). Here is my correct explanation of the elements within that image:

"On the RIGHT side of the bus's side, there is a picture of youthful boy and girl who look like a young couple (together) and then next to them a young girl looking straight ahead. Next to that young girl, standing on the street is actual guy with headphones and looks like he is with that young girl pictured on the bus, as though they too were a couple. Very effective and nicely captured. I almost wish the older woman walking in the opposite direction next to the bus, wasn't part of this image."

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Love the series. Your photos have a unique and consistent signature I really like, especially the B&W. Probably strange, but I always view threads from the last page and hit the End key - don't see the poster's name that way. Always know which ones are yours. :)
Mohammad: Big +1! All of those photos that you've been posting from Madrid are brilliant!
Cheers, Matt

mAlKhamis

sjg284

Mohammad - Great Madrid sets, keep them coming! You have a great, consistent signature to the look of your photos. Something many strive for!

kuujinbo - Great set as always, my wife loves your pup :)

sjg284

Not been posting here in last few weeks (or months?), as I've been toying with film a lot and posting in other threads.

In any case, portrait session of sorts with my wife. She needed some for her fitness portfolio now that she is also yoga certified.

All M8 & 50 lux v2

Status
Not open for further replies.