The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Leica M9 + Ultron 28mm f/2

Hunting through my Lightroom catalog, this photo I made last year caught my eye...

Thanks for looking, comments always appreciated!

Godfrey

Also posted in B&W thread.

mmbma

Washington Monument with its temporary restoration scrim.

Hi Tim. A great picture. I think this scene actually warrants a repeat visit by you and take a careful picture (better timing, foreground, etc). . It's unlikely the monument will be in this state for decades. Quite unique opportunity

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
"Hi Tim. A great picture. I think this scene actually warrants a repeat visit by you and take a careful picture (better timing, foreground, etc). . It's unlikely the monument will be in this state for decades. Quite unique opportunity"

Thanks, mmbma. I shoot this often and from a variety of angles and spots and have done so over many years. Not sure what you mean by timing, but there is nothing in the foreground I didn't chose to leave. Believe me, monuments without people or construction cranes or orange cones or McDonalds litter get pretty boring pretty fast.

mAlKhamis

Steve, Thank you so much for the kind words for the Madrid set, glad you liked, unfortunately that was the last subset of the whole set, it was a wonderful experience and i really miss lot of things from there, cheers! .. your yoga set is stunning ! i'm so sold to try your wife's yoga class !

Back to California with M9, 50mm, and 28mm cron

Jay Leno can't hear you by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

The golden view by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

To the top ! by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Watching the golden gate by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Look of drama by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Rambo by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

Complete layover by M.ALKHAMIS, on Flickr

mmbma

"Hi Tim. A great picture. I think this scene actually warrants a repeat visit by you and take a careful picture (better timing, foreground, etc). . It's unlikely the monument will be in this state for decades. Quite unique opportunity"

Thanks, mmbma. I shoot this often and from a variety of angles and spots and have done so over many years. Not sure what you mean by timing, but there is nothing in the foreground I didn't chose to leave. Believe me, monuments without people or construction cranes or orange cones or McDonalds litter get pretty boring pretty fast.
Hey Tim

Not meant as a criticism at all but, yes, I believe there's a better shot to be had here. I would try it if it were accessible to me.

A very simple rule of thumb for me: would i want to print it big and hang it in my living room? In this case, almost. but not quite. I think there's a better shot to be had at this scene. I dont' know how, but i sure would like it if you found out

scho

This ratty looking old desert cactus stays in the basement all winter, but it faithfully blooms profusely every summer. Leica M-E with Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar (M mount), shot at f/4 in late evening.

dude163

My youngest brother is in town from Ottawa and we went out flying model aeroplanes with my dad and all the kids

Summaron 35 1950 edition on my M8

dude163

episode 2, this time 1964 summicron 50 on my M8
one of the cool rubber powered models, only 10 inch wingspan, weighs about 15 grams

my 6 yr old nephew if you look closely, you can see my reflection in his sunglasses :)

Hosermage

Went to the recently opened Leica store in LA today to double check my recently acquired 35'Lux. What a great lens... the constrast, sharpness, colors, I almost prefer every image straight out of camera.

Here are some shots of the gigantic 1 million dollar sculpture sitting in the store:

BANKER1

Re: Fun with the New Leica M

On a trip to the cemetery today, where my wife's parents are buried, I came across this scene. Couldn't pass it up.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.