The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Woods

Mike that's a timeless photo of the Avon weir at Bath...my alma mater.

In the mid-late 70s there was a great pizza takeaway shop in the terrace underneath the dome, run by an Englishwoman and her Italian husband. Probably the first pizza I tasted in fact (in those days not much pizza in Ireland where I hailed from!).
Small world! I think you'd find plenty of pizza here now!

Regards

Mike

ceh

David,
Although it's not clear from the photo, it's a chocolaterie. It's proprietor has a small collection of russian and east germanian cameras from 50s to 70s of 20th century with which he used to photograph. Other cameras weren't commonly available in our country in that time - that is a different story though.
The collection expands further and there in the back part of the chocolaterie will be the permanent exhibition of some images and some of my photos may be placed there, too.

jonoslack

Hi There
Long Time away - just been incredibly busy around here, with less time for forums!

Lots of great shots as always - Mike, congratulations on your M - glad you're loving it too!

Here is a shot of my Granddaughter Scarlett - who was due on August 6th, but was born on April 26th - she's home and doing well. Here she is being cuddled by her aunt.

Take with the M and the 75 'cron.

Cuddling Aunt Eva

all the best

D&A

Lovely photo Jono and it truly epitomizes love! A big congradulations to you!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

IRS. 5-image stitch with Leica M and 50mm f/2 Summicron APO

I don't know how many times I've driven by that entrance to the IRS (I assume a side door) but never noticed the stoplight. Perfect placement and especially with the timing of waiting till the light turned "red" with the little red hand to seemingly indicate "stop, do not proceed to enter this door". Nicely done.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

baudolino

A few more pictures from the Bosnia trip, at the beginning of August:

(1) Mt. Maglic, the highest peak of Bosnia and Hercegovina (2386 metres above sea level)

(2) Near Prijevor, on the way to Trnovacko lake

(3) Trnovacko lake (already in Montenegro, you cross the border on foot while hiking there, there is no border check)

(4) On the way back to Prijevor from Trnovacko lake

(5) Rafting on the Tara river, between Montenegro and Bosnia (Tara has the second deepest canyon in the World, after the Grand Canyon)

(6) Walking in the Zelengora range, eastern Bosnia

(7) Another one from the Zelengora

(8) Borilovacko lake, Zelengora range

(9) On the way down from Zelengora mountains, our expedition has stopped to visit the "Sand Pyramids" natural feature

(10) My dog has had enough walking and driving for the day and is enjoying his well deserved rest in the camp :)

Enjoy the rest of the Summer!

(Camera was M9, lenses Elmarit 24 and Summilux 35 FLE)

ced

baudolino thanks for showing that very nice series from your part of the world, seems very inviting to scamper around there in what seems a very beautiful region!

baudolino

This is actually a place that is still little visited today - most people even here in Europe have Bosnia associated with the war in the 1990s, the still present land mines etc. As a result, you almost feel you have the place for yourself and the people are very inviting and welcoming to visitors. There is no danger in the places I am showing, except for getting your ankle sprained on the scree or meeting the shepherds' dogs along the way. I definitely plan to return, it is about 1.5 days of driving from where I live and a complete haven of tranquility, even during the top holiday season. Thanks for your kind words and the like.

Shashin

Here is a shot of my Granddaughter Scarlett - who was due on August 6th, but was born on April 26th - she's home and doing well. Here she is being cuddled by her aunt.
I am taking that as premature, otherwise that was a looonnngggg pregnancy.

But joking aside, I am glad there is a happy ending. It must be a relief for everyone. I wish her a long and happy life. Hopefully, she will learn a little patience.

Beautiful picture, granddad!

Status
Not open for further replies.