The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the New Leica M

Thanks Taylor. Off-hand I can't remember which lens was used for each particular photo. But, since I only use a 21/3.4, 35/1.4FLE and 50/lux it was one of the three. ;)

D&A

Kurt, what a lovely and diverse set of images! What geographical area of the country/world were these taken in?

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Matt, I really love your B&W image of the bridge, not only specifically for the B&W conversion (which is excellent) but for the superb image itself. Nice!

Dave (D&A)

chrism

Thanks Dave, the images are from Norway.
Ha! I saw your photos over breakfast and thought they looked like Norway, though the deciduous trees put me off (conifers in the parts I knew in the 1970's). I checked your website but couldn't find the same photos in my brief look before I had to leave. Glad to see the place hasn't changed too much!

Chris

ADMIN NOTE: I have edited this post to remove the OP's political conjecture and POV. It's fine to share images of the event and share UNBIASED commentary of what was occurring. We have a diverse membership here whose beliefs span the entire spectrum, and we will not stand for it becoming a platform for any individual political POV's. As a future warning, any direct politically motivated POV posts will be deleted by the moderators without comment, including any images or links. In short, share images and all the unbiased news-like overview you want, but please leave personal commentary, bias and POV's out of it. Thank you for understanding. PS to the OP -- if you don't like or understand the nature of my edits, PM me and I will delete the entire post for you. Jack

PS: the OP has requested removal of his images and written message, so I am accomodating his request. Our message about keeping political and religious POV's out of your posts here however remains so all are clear about why this happened.

ADMIN NOTE: I have edited this post to remove the OP's political conjecture and POV. It's fine to share images of the event and share UNBIASED commentary of what was occurring. We have a diverse membership here whose beliefs span the entire spectrum, and we will not stand for it becoming a platform for any individual political POV's. As a future warning, any direct politically motivated POV posts will be deleted by the moderators without comment, including any images or links. In short, share images and all the unbiased news-like overview you want, but please leave personal commentary, bias and POV's out of it. Thank you for understanding. PS to the OP -- if you don't like or understand the nature of my edits, PM me and I will delete the entire post for you. Jack
Censorship is terrible thing! Not only do photographers have to worry about being censored or stopped in public for taking pictures, but now we have to be careful and not post reportage images in photography forums. Gods forbid someone is enlightened to what is happening in other parts of the world. One of the things I appreciate about this thread is not only wonderful photography produced with a camera I like and now use, but to also see other parts of the world and glimpse into what other people are seeing and or experiencing. If something is not to my liking I simply ignore it and move on, which is what I'm guessing others do as well. And commentary about a particular photo or photo set helps give the viewer context--whether biased or unbiased.

Lastly, I feel it would have been in better taste for the admin to have sent me a private message or email asking me to edit my commentary or delete the post altogether instead of the public example-making that was done--the above message was not only meant for me, but for others as well to not post anything with commentary that may appear to be biased. My guess is that he was offended by the post and reacted emotionally rather than rationally. Because judging from the half-dozen likes the post received, it didn't seem to offend anyone else.

Happy image making!!!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
We remove material thought to be, at the sole discretion of the moderators, inappropriate to the spirit and audience of this forum.
The decisions made are final and arguing about them may result in a permanent ban.
thanks for your understanding.
-bob

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
Oh, come on. The Administrator didn't edit your photos--which is the point of this thread--he just removed your political commentary. That's not censorship, that's a reminder that this is a photography board, not a political commentary site. Love your photos, by the way. Don't stop doing that.

Mike Woods

Any thoughts on combining the 'Even New Fun....' thread and the 'Fun with the New Leica M' thread?

Anyway, some more with the new M, the first with the 35 lux and the rest with the Zeiss 21 2.8:

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.