The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Woods

I normally prefer BW but sometimes I hesitate, like these couple of shots from yesterday evening along the Baltic coast, M240 and Elmarit 28 mm. Any feelings?
Personally, I much prefer the colour versions; i think the muted colours work really well.

Mike

Lloyd

Well, after selling my Leica S2, I returned to my favorite camera of all time : Leica M9 and my trust and old Summaron 35mm.

These are pictures from my recent holidays in beautifull Asturias, Spain

All with 35mm Summaron f3,5 , panoramas created in apg GIGA. minimal processing in Lightroom.

Hope you enjoy .)
I did enjoy... very much! Thanks for sharing.

Mike Woods

Well, after selling my Leica S2, I returned to my favorite camera of all time : Leica M9 and my trust and old Summaron 35mm.
Forgive me, but to my taste these look a little over processed, as though the shadows have been lifted too much and the clarity ramped up. Was HDR the objective?

No offence taken I hope; just my opinion for what it's worth.

Regards

Mike

m_driscoll

Taken before our 35th wedding anniversary dinner. M(240) with 35mm f/1.4 FLE. I think I over-processed that last one. I'm going to try again tomorrow. I have a tendency to try to squeeze too much detail out of the shadows if it's there.

Cheers, Matt

scott kirkpatrick

Why we live in Israel

Family, of course. I've always admired Thomas Struth's very composed large family portraits and I'm intrigued by the vintage photos that you see of frontier families on the front porch of their frame house on the prairie, dressed in their best black outfits. So when an occasion gets us together for dinner with all the in-laws I'm tempted to get out the tripod and see if I can come up a portrait of appropriate solemnity, a record for history. It never works out that way. I tried a few years ago with my Hasselblad, 80 mm and an awesome 39 MPx digital back. I liked the result, but the Hassie has no selftimer, so I am missing, and one of the smaller kids kept escaping the frame.

I tried another tonight (the Jewish New Year's Eve as well as our daughter's 16th birthday), in a smaller space with simpler equipment and a self-timer. Again one of the kids kept escaping, but I'm used to it now.

M9, 24Elmarit@f/4 and 1/25

scott

Photojazz

Processing on the strong side for detail and impact: 75mm APO Cron/M9:

GSMNP at Clingman's Dome shot in smokies today, processed for maximum impact:

Kokoshawnuff

Unfortunately CornerFix is still necessary when using some lenses with the M...including the Super Elmar 21/3.4

M, Super Elmar 21, CornerFix, LR5

jonoslack

George has been working on the land for over 60 years
He lives in a log cabin in Cornwall - electricity is by generator, water pumped up from the stream. It's a really idyllic position. Here he is with his wife and Emma.

Leica M with 28 'cron
George did the garden in our house in Cornwall (first for Emma's parents and then for us) for more than 40 years (we don't know exactly how long). Now he's retired. Here he is with a glass of wine on a lovely September evening

Leica M with 50 rigid summicron

Status
Not open for further replies.