The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceh

Duane,Dave,
thank you for your kind words.
Thank you all for likes.
:salute:
M,Cron 2.0/50 (1956)

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
Have to say I *love* the color palette on this one! :thumbs: Aside from that, it's a great composition. Kudos!
I keep coming back to this one. I can't figure out how you processed it, but it is simply enchanting. Esser-like, but perhaps more appealing.

Hosermage

OK, here are my touristy shots...

Catching sunset at 80mph on I-5:

Golden Gate Bridge in the background:

Couple from Palace of Fine Arts:

A mix of past, present, and future Android OS:

scott kirkpatrick

Graffiti believed to be Nabataean, from before 500 AD -- in the Negev desert.

These are a challenge to render, needing some HDR and attention to get the purplish-brown rock varnish color right. I used Capture One 7.1.4. M9, 35 SX FLE. Exposures about 1 stop above "sunny 16."

scott

scott kirkpatrick

This is Shivta, (Arabic -- Subeita), one of the largest Nabataean cities along the incense route from Yemen through the Southern Negev. Founded before 100 AD, it flourished until about 800 AD, went through both Christian and Islamic periods before it was abandoned. Rediscovered in 1870. Visited by T. E. Lawrence in 1914.

With ruins covering an area of 300x500 m, it is now a (very obscure) national park, located close to the middle of the border between Israel and Egypt. This morning, we were the only visitors at the site.

Several two and three story buildings are found, along with three churches of considerable size.

The city had no wells or springs, but obtained all its water from collected rainwater.

In Lawrence's day, it was easier to reach this area. Here's what remains today of a station on the Ottoman train line that passes nearby.

scott

Status
Not open for further replies.