The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonoslack

HI Steve
That's lovely - even more as you've managed to keep the PP just about perfect.
Excellent.

It's such a good focal length isn't it . . . . . here is another one with the M and the 24 Elmar.

Stormy Weather​

Hosermage

My nephew asked me to take some pictures of him and his friends (about 6 couples) before their homecoming dance...

Little did he know how a simple request like that stressed this amateur, but I was happy with the results.

Last edited:

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
"...(that's the kind of exposure I end up with too!)…"
Right, Jono: 1/1500th at f/1 is hardly optimal, but you're standing in the dark trying to quickly tone down the exposure for this bright shot and the easiest thing to do without looking is to keep cranking up the shutter speed. It wasn't a moving subject, though, so this was kind of lazy. I was already at 2000 ISO, so I should have just closed the aperture down a couple of stops. Happens all the time when I'm night shooting though.

jonoslack

"...(that's the kind of exposure I end up with too!)…"
Right, Jono: 1/1500th at f/1 is hardly optimal, but you're standing in the dark trying to quickly tone down the exposure for this bright shot and the easiest thing to do without looking is to keep cranking up the shutter speed. It wasn't a moving subject, though, so this was kind of lazy. I was already at 2000 ISO, so I should have just closed the aperture down a couple of stops. Happens all the time when I'm night shooting though.
Hi Timothy
It was real fellow feeling - I'd almost certainly been in the same thing.
Maybe they'll get Auto ISO to work in Manual Mode, then we'll all be fine!

Photojazz

A father and daughter walks down trail. They are Oriental. That is somewhat easy to see close enough... I had to size them up quickly before they got away. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.