The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Washington, D.C., last November. Georgetown, the National Geographic Museum's show of women photographer's work, and ?.
Cheers, Matt
Matt, not sure what time of the month in Nov. you were in D.C., but near the end of Oct, there is a citywide photography event called Foto D.C. It's grown to encompass many venues and galleries across the city as well as many of the Smithsonian and private museums. Lots of lectures, talks, photo competition and retrospectives by many photographers.

Here is the link to their site and although they list photo events year round on their calender, the big event is near the end of each Oct. https://www.fotoweekdc.org/index.php

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Yes, I guess guarding cairns breeds an independent mind LOL

This one's name is Olive

Independent mind is right as well as stubborn and fearless. I was entering my teens when we got one (named Todo of course :). I was too young to realize how important training is at the time. He slept on my bed each night and if I moved an inch, I'd hear a loud growl. Move another inch and his teeth clamped down on me. In the morning when I had to get up to dress and prepare for school, I'd time it when he was sleeping and quickly jumped off the bed and ran to the bedroom...with him chasing me down snapping away.

One spring day outside with him a female Great Dane came down the street and she took a liking to Todo (and he to her). Two minutes later the male Great Dane who was supposed to breed with the female came galloping down the block and Todo held his ground. before anyone could move, the make Great Dane took Todo in his mouth and shook him for 2 minutes as though he was a rag doll. No one was successful to intervene to stop it and poor Todo was ripped to shreds and spent a month in the animal hospital. Amazingly he recovered and lived many more years to a ripe old age of 19! I look back and in many respects, an amazing little feisty dog.

Dave (D&A)

seakayaker

1/30/2014 ~ View of the Inner Harbor in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

A trip to Victoria for Peg's Birthday and started with a visit to the Langham Court Theatre to view the production of Cabaret and it was a fantastic show.

M9 ~ Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH ~ 5 photographs combined HDR

seakayaker

1/31/2014 ~ Fisgard Lighthouse ~ Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia

Leica M9 ~ Summilux-M 35mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 400 ~ 1/1000 ~ f10

seakayaker

2/1/2014 ~ Masks ~ First Peoples Galleries ~ Royal BC Museum ~ Victoria, British Columbia

Leica M9 ~ Summilux-M 35mm F1.4 ASPG ~ ISO 800 ~ 6 Sec ~ f4

seakayaker

2/1/2014 ~ Inner Habor ~ Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia

Leica M9 ~ Summilux-M 35mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 160 ~ f11 ~ 5 Photograph blended exposed between 30 and 120 seconds.

seakayaker

Stoping for tea at the Teahouse at Abkhazi Garden, Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia

Leica M9 ~ Summilux-M 35mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 800 ~ 1/1000 ~ f6.7

sjg284

Had a small reprieve from the cold, spent some time indoors at a greenhouse, floral store and museum..

Which gave me some indoor subjects the next day..

and this more unusual one..

Status
Not open for further replies.