The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first contributions to this thread. Also one of the first shots I've taken with the newly aquired M240 + 50 slux asph.

caption: No driving allowed - except for cars (that's literally what the extra sign below implies!)

caption: evening alone

Wife's been out of the country for a trip for the past couple of days. Daughter was already in bed.. so I figured:"What the heck, might just as well enjoy a glass of red."

//Juha

seakayaker

8:14 PM ~ View from 4th Ave NE & NE Northlake Way of Tugboat Solana pushing Workbarge, entering North Lake Union, Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH -- ISO 160 -- 1/90 -- f1.7

jonoslack

Off duty today - it was dull and grey, so I popped the 60mm macro Elmarit on my M and took a few snaps in the garden:

Criss Cross

Hungry

Catch it if you can

Semaphore​

If you want more - then there are some here:

scott kirkpatrick

'Nuff nattering about a camera that I haven't touched yet. It was sunny out today, and the work on a train bridge that will fly 30 stories (count the steps in the scaffolding on this tower) above a valley leading up to Jerusalem is moving along smartly:

scott

M[240} and SEM 18@f/8

scott kirkpatrick

A slice of life. It's our independence day in a few days so flags are appearing all over. The rules for the Israeli flag are simple. Two blue lines, with a star of David in between, also in blue. This allows some rather extreme distortions:

It also looks cool on a white spinnaker, but I don't have a picture of that handy.

scott

rayyan

An imaging device my daughter uses at work.

She says it resolves the DNA.

How is the resolution of your camera?, she asked me.

rayyan

Thanks folks for the ' likes '.

But the argument continued...

But is it made in Germany, I asked. No she said. The States, she said.

Is it hand polished for 45 minutes?, I asked with a smirk. She looked at me in astonishment. No but it was made with ultra precision robotics.

Does it have interchangeable lenses made in Germany, I asked. Yes, she said. But not made in Germany.

Is it easy to use ?, precision UI, yes she said.

Live view, built in EVF? Yes she said.

Battery life? She stared at me with in disbelief.

Portable? No, she said..a little sadly.

Made of kgs of aluminum pared down to a small block? No she said. Lead and such like for radiation shielding, she added.

But can it take portraits of people, cats, dogs etc.., I asked knowing I had her.

No she said. But it can tell me what you are made of in the minutest detail.

Dad, she said, now go and make images with what you have. This one is much too expensive..even on evil bay.

rayyan

So I carried what I had and went out...

And felt at peace with what I had. My daughter was right.

To each their own.

p.s. these are three famous mountain peaks in Switzerland. My wife was trying to see how
far she could climb on the most famous of them. Which one? Another story for another outing.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
So I carried what I had and went out...

And felt at peace with what I had. My daughter was right.

To each their own.

p.s. these are three famous mountain peaks in Switzerland. My wife was trying to see how
far she could climb on the most famous of them. Which one? Another story for another outing.
Matterhorn?

rayyan

I spent wonderful time in Zermatt at Matterhorn -hope you do so as well in Switzerland!
Thank you.

I have taken my family a few times to Zermatt. Once we crossed into Switzerland after a train journey across Austria into Innsbruck and down to
Interlaken.

Wonderful trip that was. And so is Austria.

The three mountains are I the Bernese Oberland. The Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau.

Best.

Godfrey

Ah, Switzerland is lovely, you remind me. I haven't been to Zermatt or the Matterhorn; I spent a couple of months in and around Zürich in the late 1990s. Took the tram up to the top of Uetliberg many times.

My camera of choice in those days as a Minox C and a Nikon FM. Somewhere in my archives I have bunches of photos ... :)

Fond memories.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.