The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Ah, Switzerland is lovely, you remind me. I haven't been to Zermatt or the Matterhorn; I spent a couple of months in and around Zürich in the late 1990s. Took the tram up to the top of Uetliberg many times.

My camera of choice in those days as a Minox C and a Nikon FM. Somewhere in my archives I have bunches of photos ... :)

Fond memories.

G
Godrey, indeed a lovely lovely city is Zurich..

a non-Leica image..

And along the Bahnhofstrasse; if you have some change burning in your pocket..

Best.

rayyan

I've been there many times, but somehow the viewpoint is unfamiliar. Where was this taken from?
Take 2 cable car rides from Murren or Wengen; past Schilthorn ( of James Bond fame ) and just wander around.

Of course you could take the cable cars from village of Grindwald and/or around lauterbaurn.

There are quite a few places one can get such views.

Best

seakayaker

View of Canoe on Union Bay while walking along the Lake Washington Ship Canal Waterside Trail, Montlake Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 160 ~ 1/500 ~ f11

seakayaker

View of Eight Man Boats with Coxswain practicing on Union Bay while walking along the Lake Washington Ship Canal Waterside Trail, Montlake Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 160 ~ 1/3000 ~ f5.7

Robert Campbell

Take 2 cable car rides from Murren or Wengen; past Schilthorn ( of James Bond fame ) and just wander around.

Of course you could take the cable cars from village of Grindwald and/or around lauterbaurn.

There are quite a few places one can get such views.

Best
Ah, that explains it! I've only been to Mürren once, and while I thought I recognised the view, somehow it wasn't quite right.

I've been to Grindelwald many times, up to First, as well as Kleine Scheidegg, and am much more familiar with the views from there.

Lloyd

How you doing my friend. Hope all goes well with you and yours.

Thanks for stopping by; and best wishes to you all.

Best regards.
Doing ok. Thanks for asking.

Life goes on, and we try to live in the present.

Best wishes to you and yours, my friend.

rayyan

Traveler's Tales...

I pushed the door open. There was a loud clamor of the bell over the door.

He looked at me. He looked at me, once more. Scrawny, bandy legs stood in front of him.

' Would you like a kilt, lad ', he asked sizing me up.

' Depends, I said '. ' First my family history please '. ' You do accept English Pounds ? ', I added..looking for Scottish currency.

seakayaker

8:41 PM ~ View of Elliot Bay From the Queen Anne Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 800 ~ 1/30 ~ f4.8

rayyan

How much for a f/3.5-5.6 lens on cropped sensor camera...:eek:

Take my pic grandpa with a Leica rangefinder and Portra.

Who are they fooling! I ain't that gullible.

p.s. Grandpa you forgot to thank the nice folks for the ' likes'

Last edited:

Taylor Sherman

8:41 PM ~ View of Elliot Bay From the Queen Anne Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 800 ~ 1/30 ~ f4.8
Nice shot! I hadn't seen this exact angle before and I was confused - I recognized the grain silos and the bay but this makes the area look a bit nicer than it is - it's all trees and grass and the nice new biotech company building etc, can't see the RR tracks and older stuff along the road. :)

seakayaker

Nice shot! I hadn't seen this exact angle before and I was confused - I recognized the grain silos and the bay but this makes the area look a bit nicer than it is - it's all trees and grass and the nice new biotech company building etc, can't see the RR tracks and older stuff along the road. :)
The view was obtained by walking north along the stone wall away from the park. I did want to have the street lamp in the image as well.

seakayaker

View of Downtown Seattle (Space Needle to Harborview Medical Center) from West Seattle Shore Line. I am normally on the other side pointing this way.

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 800 ~ 1/2000 ~ f11

seakayaker

View across Andrews Bay ~ Lake Washington at Seward Park towards Lake Washington Blvd. S in the Seward Park Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

..... a wonderful walk after work down at Seward Park, the air was thick, cool and moist with a soft rain along with the sweet scent of cedar.

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 160 ~ 1/500 ~ f4

Status
Not open for further replies.