The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayaker

10:56 PM Selfie ~ When you need to post an image for the day and you discover a user error, and its late, and you do not want to go back out, then improvise with a selfie.

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 160 ~ 1/12 ~ f1.7

seakayaker

Conference Call departing PIER 7 on the Swinomish Channel ~ La Conner, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 160 ~ 1/350 ~ f11

Hosermage

Had a pine tree removed from our backyard yesterday because it was lifting the ground and causing cracks in the fence walls. It must have been 40+ years old, and I do miss it now that it's gone. Anyway, here are some snaps from the event.

asiafish

New (to me) Leica M9

So I'm normally an M Monochrom shooter, but occasionally color is desired, at least by other people. Having just returned from a 2 eek trip to Europe to celebrate my 20th anniversary and having used a Canon 6D with 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/4 and 35 f/2, I returned with many fantastic images, but with a serious dent in my shoulder.

Long story short, the tele zoom never left my bag, the 24-105 was on the camera most of the time, but I could easily have made do with 24 and 50mm primes, or just a 35mm prime and more walking (except for cathedral interiors). So, on return I promptly sold all of the Can gear and bought what I should have all along (and which some on GetDPI advised at the time) a used Leica M9.

I've only had the M9 for 11 days and before today had only shot about 200 frames with it, but I am VERY familiar with the M Monochrom so handling is natural and easy. The files are, of course, different, and then there is the whole color thing. I'm just learning what the camera will do at this point, but here are ten shots from a short walk before dinner in Waynesville, Missouri (I'm currently at Fort Leonard Wood for two weeks training).

All shots with the Leica M9 at ISO 160, 50mm f/2 Summicron-M (v5) with 3 stop ND filter. Most are wide-open, with minimal post.

L1001983.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001977.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001975.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001971.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001970.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001969.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001938.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001948.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001961.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L1001922.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

seakayaker

Seattle Maritime Festival ~ Center for Wooden Boats ~ South Lake Union Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 160 ~ 1/500 ~ f13

seakayaker

Seattle Maritime Festival ~ Sail Boats on Lake Union ~ South Lake Union Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 160 ~ 1/750 ~ f11

athimbleofdan

Hey everyone! New here...I shoot a Leica M8 with a 40mm Summicron-C. Bought the camera in January as a birthday present to myself. I've wanted the camera since it came out. Happy to finally have my hands on it!

seakayaker

Hey everyone! New here...I shoot a Leica M8 with a 40mm Summicron-C. Bought the camera in January as a birthday present to myself. I've wanted the camera since it came out. Happy to finally have my hands on it!
Welcome and congratulation on picking up the camera that you wanted!

Wonderful images, look forward to seeing more!

seakayaker

View of the City of Bellevue & Cascade Mountain Range Across Lake Washington while standing at E. Cherry Street & 36th Avenue, Madrona Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 160 ~ 1/500 ~ f11

seakayaker

View of the Moon on a Wire During an Evening Walk ~ Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

M9 with Leica Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 160 ~ 1/25 ~ f6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.