The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjg284

In honor of Super Storm Juno / Snowpocalypse 2015 / Some Weather, yada yada yada
M240 & 50lux

The real fun is supposed to get started shortly and go overnight / most of day tomorrow..

rayyan

Worrying about clipped highlights/shadows?
Sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't.

Me, often I am enjoying the joy of photography to worry about such things.

rayyan

There was too much sunshine. There was too much contrast. It was hazy at places.

The floor was slippery. It was too high. Low in places.

The color balance was way off. The lens was stiff. My eyes were tired.

The sensor was dirty.

The cam was not high res enough for detailed landscapes/seascapes.

So many things were wrong. Worst amongst them..I had the wrong camera..

I should have brought the cam on which all my lenses can be mounted. No bring all my camera, all my lenses
and the new one too.

Just to guarantee I don't miss the shot.

jonoslack

Well - I've been shooting other cameras for the last month, but it's lovely to be back in my comfort zone.
Caspar is pleased as well.
Leica M with 50 'lux Asph

Comfortable

scott kirkpatrick

Big Bambu -- an art piece/playground in the sculpture garden of the Israel Museum. 10,000 pieces of bamboo, tied together by 28 climbers last summer. Still holding up:

M[240] SE18/3.8, mostly at f/5.6

scott

jonoslack

Lucy's Lambs were rejected by their mother
So the various Slacks came to the rescue!

All with the Leica M240 and

50 'lux

50 'lux

50 'lux

28 elmarit Asph

seakayaker

Seakayaker and Ashwin have all but disappeared.
sekayaker is alive and well (a relative term).

Spent a year January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014 taking and posting a photo a day, https://www.polaroidblipfoto.com/entry/3801739 and it was more work than I imagined.

Sent my M9 in for repair, replacing the sensor and other odds & ends, so have not been doing any shooting with the digital camera.

Early January had a bout with acute pancreatitis due to some gall stones that blocked the common bile duct. If you enjoy pain give it a try. A few days with some visits to the primary care provider, some radiology and lab tests led to a couple of days spent as an inpaitient where they planned to remove the gallbladder after performing an ERCP to remove the gallstones. Well an EKG showed something interesting so surgery was postponed after performing the ERCP, which led to further visits with the PCP and my cardiologist which led to more radiology and lab studies, which led to a cardiac catheterization, where they were going to place a stent or two. Well the catherization instead led me to be introduced to the surgeon for CABG x 3 which was performed early last week.

Now more follow up and rehab for both me and the camera is on the horizon and things should be looking good and possibly be back posting with the M9 in the March timeframe!

Status
Not open for further replies.