The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Leica M-P + Color Skopar 28mm f/3.5
ISO 1600 @ f/5.6 @ 1/12

ISO 1600 @ f/3.4 @ 1/60

ISO 200 @ f/9.5 @ 1/500

My journey into the M-P continues...

I fitted the Color Skopar 28 and, my!, how wide it are! After shooting with 35, 50, and 90 lenses for a while, you come to understand what "super wide" and "ultra wide" used to be. Nowadays, people look at a 20 mm lens think, "Can I get something wider?" ... Yeah, and all you kids get off the lawn!! ;-)

The Color Skopar is delightfully crisp even wide open but shows a good bit of corner and edge color shifting on the M-P, using the "magic" lens code that on the M9 mostly eliminated the color shifting. Hmm. I found that I could eliminate most of it in Lightroom using the Voigtländer CS 25mm profile and tweak that just a little bit. I'd be interested to hear what others who might be using this lens have used to get best results.

enjoy!
G

Mike Woods

The Cheltenham Festival is a meeting in the National Hunt racing calendar in the United Kingdom, with race prize money second only to the Grand National.

Very tenuous link :)

M240/0.95

Mike

seakayaker

Kitchen Table ~ 2nd image taken with the M-P 240

Leica M-P 240 ~ Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 800 ~ 1/25 ~ F8 ~ Neutral Density Filter 0.9 - 3 Stop

seakayaker

Afternoon Walk ~ Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Leica M-P 240 ~ Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 800 ~ 1/45 ~ F16 ~ Neutral Density Filter 0.9 - 3 Stop

seakayaker

Afternoon Walk ~ Wallingford Neighborhood, Seattle, WA

Leica M-P 240 ~ Summilux-M 50mm f1.4 ASPH ~ ISO 800 ~ 1/15 ~ F16 ~ Neutral Density Filter 0.9 - 3 Stop

Godfrey

Don't Forget Your Mat! M240 + ZM50 1.5 Sonnar. Goodwood Revival, Sussex, England in September 2014.
Lovely image!

Gosh, Goodwood brings back memories! I was there for a race reunion meeting maybe, oh, late '90s, early '00s (as well as a couple of the Festival of Speed events). It was a drenching misery of a day for the race reunion, most of the time, with scattered sunny moments, and such a kick to see some of the old race cars being flogged by their original drivers around the course.

I also had the pleasure of having Stirling Moss nearly run me over on the path as he sped through on his scooter ... My childhood hero of the race track, and quite a nice fellow as he apologetically stopped to help me back up out of the mud and dust (or rinse ...) off. I bought him a pint later, and he bought me two back.

Memories ...

G

Godfrey

Another from the Saturday morning walk.

Leica M-P + Ultron 28mm f/2.0
ISO 200 @ f/4 @ 1/500

(Thought I might add this one here too...)

Enjoy!
G

Lloyd

I haven't posted on this Leica M thread for a long time. Dusted off the M8 yesterday and wandered around with it. I'd forgotten how much I love the M body. I still use the glass on my Fuji, but well. It's a long love affair for me with Leica.

All with the M8 and the 35mm Cron ASPH, in-camera b/w:

Status
Not open for further replies.