The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott kirkpatrick

Grocery stores, even in our not particularly religious neighborhood in Jerusalem, have a problem during the week of Passover. Just as in a home, anything that contains leavening must be hidden from God's eye -- consumed before the holiday begins, given away, or burned. That's a little expensive for a supermarket, so they resort to hiding the chametz behind great expanses of white plastic. It's strange and wonderful for all the kids out of school.

Here and there things that are not in question or certified Kosher for Passover do peek out.

The young fellow hiding under where the crackers and cookies used to be found is not chametz.

M[240] 18/3.4 SE

scott

seakayaker

Mike, of the two I do prefer the color.

The detail stands out a bit more throughout the photograph in the color version to my eye.

On both versions I would have attempted to lighten up the tree in the foreground on the left hand side as well as the ground across the bottom or perhaps cropped the bottom up a bit.

scott kirkpatrick

Just to think about how Mike's picture works for a minute The light really glows out of the depths of the woods. In color that works when you have a good large display, but I have not seen it work as well in a color print, at least not in any I have done. But in black and white, the glow in the back would work well, and the shadow detail in the trees at the front would be visible without sacrificing overall contrast.

When I bought a copy of "Ansel Adams at 100," it came with a duotone lithograph (i.e. relatively inexpensive print) of "Aspens, Dolores Canyon, CO," which is a great example of how B/W prints can work. Even behind glass which is a little dirty now, it still glows.

scott

Hosermage

Maggie, if you just posted the two shots of the cat and dog, they would make an very interesting story! Looks like a mother yelling at her son :p

Status
Not open for further replies.