The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Woods

Hi there Mike,

excellent shots all containing a little joke :thumbs:
But what kind of event is this and what is that truck from Zwartebroek doing there ?

Kind regards.
Hi Bart

This was this year's Great Dorset Steam Fair http://www.gdsf.co.uk , an annual heritage event. Can't comment on the truck I'm afraid, other than to say a complete mix of everything was on show, vehicles and people.....:)

Mike

frontosa

Workshop Member
M240 ZM15 2.8

I normally go to this spot to take photos of an extinct volcano, there is a dry lake bed to the east with dried and cracked. However the rainstorm last October 3rd dumped some water on this normally dry lake bed. Saw the clouds forming and waited for the sun to set.

frontosa

Workshop Member
Last saturday we visited South Lake, Convict Lake and Lundy Lake. Except for Convict Lake which was a zoo (due to getting there late in the morning), it was fairly quiet and no pressure driving around looking at different photo opportunities.

Thanks for looking.

Gerry

Mike Woods

Mike this is a terrific image! Both the moment and the look. How did you post-process to get this look?
Hi, thanks for your comment. Not sure which image you refer to, but I've just checked the editing steps on both and it was nothing more exciting than a B&W preset, some highlight recovery and finally some contrast reduction.....probably 30 seconds :eek:

Regards

Mike

skimmel

Hi, thanks for your comment. Not sure which image you refer to, but I've just checked the editing steps on both and it was nothing more exciting than a B&W preset, some highlight recovery and finally some contrast reduction.....probably 30 seconds :eek:

Regards

Mike
Sorry about that Mike, I fell behind in the thread. I was looking at the image of the 2 men examining the antique cars. Thanks.

frontosa

Workshop Member
2 more from last weekend. My daughter and I left Bridgeport early on our way to hike Parker Lake. On the way, she noticed clouds forming above Mono Lake. We made an unexpected stop. At 5:30 in the morning there were over 50 vehicles parked on the southside of Mono Lake. All the best spots were taken. 98% were shooting towards the southeast. We did not have a good spot and instead shot facing west. After an hour hike to Parker Lake, no one was there and the water was so still.

2 more from last weekend. My daughter and I left Bridgeport early on our way to hike Parker Lake. On the way, she noticed clouds forming above Mono Lake. We made an unexpected stop. At 5:30 in the morning there were over 50 vehicles parked on the southside of Mono Lake. All the best spots were taken. 98% were shooting towards the southeast. We did not have a good spot and instead shot facing west. After an hour hike to Parker Lake, no one was there and the water was so still.

Gerry, you got a good spot there then :D. Beautiful! I assume these two were taken with your ZM 15?

Status
Not open for further replies.