The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjg284

Thanks Kirk!

We were at a Cat Cafe in NYC called Koneko.
It's a Japanese concept that's picking up some steam here lately.
It's popular there as many people live in apartments that don't allow pets.
It serves as a great way to promote cat adoptions as all the cats are strays that were rescued.

That guy wanted some warmth & privacy so he climbed up to the top shelf about 10-12 feet up and bathed in the flood lights.

It's two floors & an outside area.. and the cats can come and go as they please including off into the private rooms away from the humans.

They also had a cool cat sized ramp to come and go between floors while us humans had to use stairs..
L1006649 by Steve, on Flickr

And one last one.. this guy was living large
L1006653 by Steve, on Flickr

Somebody else's art

Kirk

PS, great cat picture, Steve. I'm a sucker for 'em, but this one is unusual!

View attachment 114417

MM 50 Sonnar-C

Hosermage

A warm day in SoCal today, so we went out to visit OCMA. Here are some photos along the way...

Here's a pair of glasses that will let you lie down on your bed and watch TV without straining your neck, might useful to use with a TLR ;-)

scott kirkpatrick

Re: the New Jerusalem

The Archeology Institute going up next to the Israel Museum and the Knesset (our parliament) is a Moshe Safdie design. You may remember him from his Habitat residential cubes in Montreal, when he was just starting out. The building has looked rather boring until last week, when it sprouted wings...

L7003165 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

L7003149 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

L7003159 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

L7003147 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

All shots SEM 18@f/5.6 on my M[240]. Can't wait to try this lens on an SL.

Also, I am very curious to see how this will work when it rains.

scott

Hosermage

I'm thankful for not wanting to buy anything this black friday.... we went out strolling around downtown LA instead.

Here's Chinatown:

Church of Our Lady of the Angles:

frontosa

Workshop Member
Instead of shopping on Black Friday, a friend and I drove 5 hours to Mesquite Sand Dunes in Death Valley. Drove back that evening. M240 Zeiss 15 2.8

frontosa

Workshop Member
Another shot from Black Friday, Mesquite Sand Dunes, earlier in the day when the sun was higher in the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.