The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun w/Digital M Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayaker

While out for a walk at Golden Gardens Park, there was a group preparing a few Seagliders to launch in the Puget Sound. The Seaglider is manufactured by Kongsberg Maritime. The group also referred me to the Applied Physics Lab website at the University of Washington for information regarding the Seagliders. A interesting technology.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

While out for a walk at Golden Gardens Park, there was a group preparing a few Seagliders to launch in the Puget Sound. A interesting technology.

44 years ago I decided to pursue Medicine rather than a degree in Oceanography.

This technology is one of the most fascinating and compelling that I have seen.

Thank you for sharing this ....

Not that I can change direction but amazing forward thinking tech.

Regards,

Bob

downstairs

Once again the lighting and setup is flawless ... please share your "behind the scene setup ..."

In awe ....

Regards,

Bob
Thanks Bob Here’s the setup.
Easy things: Feather off on the window side with whatever . Get attitude by keeping in close (set up for a 35mm here).
Hard things: Paint the wall from darkish on the window side to lightish on the far side and add a little colour.
To be improved: Granite flagstones are hard on lenses.

frontosa

Workshop Member
I live in the southern end of California Central Valley where the hills / mountains are green a months of the year. M240 28 Cron

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks Bob Here’s the setup.
Easy things: Feather off on the window side with whatever . Get attitude by keeping in close (set up for a 35mm here).
Hard things: Paint the wall from darkish on the window side to lightish on the far side and add a little colour.
To be improved: Granite flagstones are hard on lenses.

Beautiful space!

And thank you.

Bob

In the studio, I

Vermeer at work

He seems to be painting a slimmer Milkmaid, more fashionable for our time.

Kirk

VermeerAtWork.jpg

M-E, 40 Summicron

Last edited:
In the studio, II

An invasion of privacy

Kirk

InvasionOfPrivacyV2.jpg

M-E, 5cm f1.4 LTM Nikkor

- - - Updated - - -

On the street:

Elvis doing hard time

Kirk

ElvisImprisoned.jpg

M-E, 5cm f1.4 Nikkor LTM

JohnBrew

I took this image to show how hard the wind blows on the Atlantic side of St. Kitts. It is a rare day when there is no wind.
M-P, 50 Lux ASPH, 2 sec. ISO 3200. One of my first efforts at using ISO 3200. Quite disappointed by the shadow noise, only a small part of which can be removed in ACR. I had to discard many shots of the full moon and it's reflection on the water due to noise. After my experiments I would now say 1250 would be the limit for me. Perhaps there is a better program for removing noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.